CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!

• Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#481 MayanLily

• 316 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

Nice Suzy! That's great news! Can't wait to see the final product...

Sarah's mug girl from Toronto is getting me a quote so if Discount Mugs ends up cheaper I think I will just go with them. $35 is way cheaper than I thought for fees and stuff.

#482 SuzyQ76

• 484 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Ok, sorry it took me sooooo long, but I was sooooooo far behind it wasn't even funny!! finally got some DIY projects done this weekend,

Here are some pics of the finished mugs!!! I love them, and although I had not wanted to spend the money initially, I'm really glad Meghan changed my mind! lol so I used one of the 10% OFF sales emailed to me from discount mugs, my total order was $111 USD including the $25 for shipping to Canada, and the customs and brokerage charges came to $35 CDN and the shipping was extremely fast!! and I could track it the whole way. I ordered 32 blank mugs total.

The keycard/tip holders are attached to the handle, had a little issue with the carabiners not being large enough to fit around the handle itself, but Meghan found the split rings and then everything worked!

The dish wipes I got at Dollar Giant, and I cut them in half, because it would have been a waste to use a whole one for 2 mugs, and I just stuck them inside the mug with a little note to just add water....

The labels on the mugs are printed on truly waterproof polyester paper, and I printed them on my laser printer. I ordered the full sheets online, 5 full sheets for about $7, but then shipping to Canada was $9, so I ordered 2 packs of 5 to make the shipping a little more bearable, I think my total order came to $26. If anyone wants the link just let me know, I have tested them with scrubbing, staining (coffee) and water and they have surpassed all wonderfully! Have to be printed with a laser printer, but I think you can get labels for an inkjet too. Also by printing them myself I was able to personalize each mug with names....these are ours of course!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
      Grand Riviera Princess

My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#483 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

Suzy they look great.

#484 hepre

• 62 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

They look awesome!!

#485 MayanLily

• 316 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

They look fantastic! I just read a thread about discountmugs silkscreens rubbing off so this is probably a sure way to go. Good Job, they look fab!

#486 jhartford19

• 187 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

I ordered from Oriental Trading Company, but now I found better bags on this site! One site you can try is called Wedding Things Canada: Unique Favors, Beautiful Centerpieces, Fabulous New Collections, Accessories that are Truly Unforgettable - WEDDING THINGS CANADA try it out!

#487 tigger

• 391 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

Great job Suzy!
                Getting married November 10, 2010 - Sandals Grande Antigua

#488 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
                  Thanks for posting that!

#489 Jennybell1

• 661 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

The DYI's look fabulous Suzy...you did a great job! Would you like a job?? lol

#490 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hi fellow Canucks! I stumbled across this site today and thought it would be useful to know how much the extras, like duty, brokerage and taxes will add to our U.S. based purchases. You fill in how much you've spent, what province you're in, etc. and the site calculates the rest for you.

Here's the link: TheFinalCost.com - Canadian total shipping fees calculator (brokerage, duty, customs)

Happy shopping
                      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                      Leftover Wedding Items FS:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users