Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall


  • Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#171 Jen723

Jen723
  • Newbie
  • 13 posts

    Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

    just booked!  Oct 6, 2012!  Excited but now I have to figure it all out! 



    #172 susan1672

    susan1672
    • Vendor
    • 231 posts

      Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:00 PM


      Awesome! Congrats! Don't stress...it will all work out beautifullyyy  : )

      Originally Posted by Jen723 

      just booked!  Oct 6, 2012!  Excited but now I have to figure it all out! 



       



      #173 Jen723

      Jen723
      • Newbie
      • 13 posts

        Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

        Hey Susan! 

        So how are you working things? Are you having a reception?  I'm not sure if it makes sense to me since its all inclusive.

        Are you renting out the disco or having a bonfire?  I need help on trying to figure things out. thanks 



        #174 Toiinlove

        Toiinlove
        • Newbie
        • 87 posts

          Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

          Hey ladies,

           

          I guess I am the next Grand bride up. I only have 36 days until the wedding and 32 days until we leave. I fell like we still have so much to do but I have been planning things for more than a year now. Everybody's asking me am I nervous about getting married. No, I know what I am getting into. What I am worried about is that everything will not go smoothly like I plan and our credit cards are almost at their max lol!

           

           

          Happy planning everyone,

           

          LaToya



          #175 JenAndBrad

          JenAndBrad
          • Newbie
          • 12 posts

            Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:33 AM

            Hello Ladies!

             

            I just started planning my destination wedding and have secured the Iberostar Rose Hall Grand Hotel for our wedding on Saturday January 28, 2012 and our honeymoon for the week after that. In fact, I go to the travel agency this afternoon to pay our deposit. YIKES!!! We are trying to stay within our limited budget (the honeymoon took most of it!) so we're going with the Free Wedding package, adding on a few extras and that's it. Our wedding will be very small, just us and our parents (6 people) up to 20-30 at the very highest... Has anyone done the free wedding package? It sounds like most brides went with the $1500 or $3000 package (plus even more extras, like Bonfire, Cocktail party, steel bands, dove release, etc.). Do most brides do the private reception? Can I just make a reservation at one of the restaurants on the night of my wedding? Or, will I still have to pay for the package to have everyone sit together? It is all very confusing. I am planning to hire a photographer. Right now I'm looking at Brian Nejedly, Diana Campbell and Sungold Associates (anyone use any of these?). These referrals are all thanks to the awesome reviews on this site from past Grand brides!!! Are the extras really necessary to have a great wedding? I am surprised at all the extra costs, since this is supposed to be an all-inclusive resort, right? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!



            #176 susan1672

            susan1672
            • Vendor
            • 231 posts

              Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

              Hi Jen!

               

              None of it makes sense because although it is all-inclusive, they claim that the wedding and reception are not part of the all-inclusive plan so anything extra that is part of those events is a charge. We are probably going to do a bonfire after our rehearsal dinner on the night before the wedding and then just have a normal reception either in the Port Maria restaurant or on the beach and have a DJ after the wedding. We probably won't rent out the disco but will probably go there after the reception.

               

              Hope that helps!

               

              Susan
               

              Originally Posted by Jen723 

              Hey Susan! 

              So how are you working things? Are you having a reception?  I'm not sure if it makes sense to me since its all inclusive.

              Are you renting out the disco or having a bonfire?  I need help on trying to figure things out. thanks 



               



              #177 susan1672

              susan1672
              • Vendor
              • 231 posts

                Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:59 AM


                From what I've heard from other Grand brides, there is NOTHING to worry about! Although it may feel stressful right now, everything will work out beautifullly and I'm sure it will be better than you ever imagined! Most of the past brides said the Iberostar doesn't try to nickel and dime you for every little extra either. Hang in there girl...and just keep thinking how much fun it will be to spend a few days in paradise with your family, friends, and future husband!

                Originally Posted by Toiinlove 

                Hey ladies,

                 

                I guess I am the next Grand bride up. I only have 36 days until the wedding and 32 days until we leave. I fell like we still have so much to do but I have been planning things for more than a year now. Everybody's asking me am I nervous about getting married. No, I know what I am getting into. What I am worried about is that everything will not go smoothly like I plan and our credit cards are almost at their max lol!

                 

                 

                Happy planning everyone,

                 

                LaToya



                 



                #178 Tropical Love

                Tropical Love
                • Site Supporter
                • 171 posts

                  Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:20 PM


                  Congrats and Welcome to the group!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by Jen723 

                  just booked!  Oct 6, 2012!  Excited but now I have to figure it all out! 



                   



                  #179 Tropical Love

                  Tropical Love
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 171 posts

                    Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

                    So Janielle informed me today that regardless if I'm having chairs or not at the ceremony...I still have to pay $20 per person for setup! That's an additional $800 for WHAT?  She originally told me it was for ceremony set up...and then when I told her Im not having chairs....I still would have to pay regardless! I am so frustrated with the nickle and diming this resort is doing. I called my travel agent and ask her how much I would lose if I cancel the wedding and still stay on property. If my guest weren't going to lose money for canceling rooms, I'd go somewhere else!

                     

                    Thanks for letting me VENT!!!



                    #180 futuremrstgun

                    futuremrstgun
                    • Member
                    • 995 posts

                      Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:20 PM



                      tropical love...

                       

                      i can't believe you'd lose anything..i mean, i won't lose any money if i cancel at the beach..but i didn't book a 'real' wedding either..i booked the 'recommittment' or re-dedication ceremony so i'd have more options...the nickel and diming is definitely a put off..but the resort is breathtaking..and by far, the best on the island...

                       

                      you're a couple of months out..i'd see if there's anything i could do..maybe move to the suites and/or the beach..see if they're more flexible on not charging the upcharge..you might be surprised.

                       

                      good luck and as always, happy planning!!

                       

                      R~

                      Originally Posted by Tropical Love 

                      So Janielle informed me today that regardless if I'm having chairs or not at the ceremony...I still have to pay $20 per person for setup! That's an additional $800 for WHAT?  She originally told me it was for ceremony set up...and then when I told her Im not having chairs....I still would have to pay regardless! I am so frustrated with the nickle and diming this resort is doing. I called my travel agent and ask her how much I would lose if I cancel the wedding and still stay on property. If my guest weren't going to lose money for canceling rooms, I'd go somewhere else!

                       

                      Thanks for letting me VENT!!!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users