Key West vendors
Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:19 PM
1. Wedding coordinator/officiant for the ceremony
2. Food....either a restaraunt who will deliver or a caterer...would prefer to spend <$25 per person
5. Music! I would loooooove a steel drum but so far it's looking pretty spendy. Any suggestions?
6. A nice b&b or hotel for our wedding night.
7. Hair & make up
Any help would be much appreciated! I do have some ideas, but it's hard to judge someone from their website. Plus I get so overwhelmed with google. Thanks so much ladies (and gents?)!
Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:45 PM
2. There are several great restaraunts that cater ie. camilles, mangoes, bagatelle, roof top cafe, la concha,(what type of dishes are you most interested in? there are also two main catering companies; Small Chef at Large and Great Events (both have excellent food but very different menus)
3. I am a local florist in Key West called Fleur Jolie. There are also three other florists we each cater to a very diifferent style and vary in prices. I strive to have the best quality at the lowest prices possible. Feel free to check out my website as well as my competetors; Love in Bloom, Flowers by Gilda and Mamas.
4. Cakes by Karol is by far the best way to go. Her prices are dead on and she really takes the time to work with you to create the perfect cake. Not to mention her cakes taste so good; there is also Croissants de France which is a little bit more in cost and a lot harder to get through with when it comes to planning.
5. Location is a big question. How many people? What is your price range?
There are so many places to stay in Key West, I could point you in the right direction with these few answers.
6. I think the Pier House has the best set up for brides at their spa. There are also a few other salons I would reccomend Elena at Aveda Salon and Kurt at Headlines.
Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:47 PM
Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:29 PM
I think for the hotel we will just go with a big chain that is close to Fury's docking spot for our guests convenience. For our wedding night though we were planning on switching to a smaller B&B that is honeymoon oriented.
Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:02 PM
Not to mention Chef Tim at the Hot Tin Roof (Ocean Key's Rest.) has one of the finest menus on the island as well as one of the most beautiful dining rooms and a terrace which with a view of the sunset.
Rooms aren't cheap but worth every penny.
If you are looking for something really inexpensive but nice and large I have a friend who works at a B&B on white st called Author's Guesthouse. They have a suite there which isn't on their website called the Poet's Suite (if you email her she will send you a picture) depending on the season it rents somewhere between $150-180 +tax per night.
My suggestion would be to put all of your guests up at a place like Author's with rates ranging between (high season/winter) $135-$180. Have a conch tour train or trolley rented to take them down to the dock and you and your FI stay at the Ocean Key House.
Great Events does all kinds of events with Fury, I have been on more than a few and they really have the boat thing down.
Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:10 AM
Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:06 PM
Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:53 PM
1 - Day of wedding planners Nadine ? and Fiona Garvie at We've Got the Keys were GREAT! For the officiant we used Reverend Ron Paige and he was really sweet and cute and did a great job.
2 - N/A as we went with an all-inclusive deal at a hotel
3 - Love in Bloom. They did a great job and were significantly less expensive than Mama Flowers.
4 - Key West Cakes.....I would say average. I know Croissants de France is supposed to be really good but they were so incredibly rude when I called to inquire about a wedding cake order that I decided not to give them my business. I bet their cake would have been better though.....
5 - James (Jim) Wist did the steel drums for the ceremony and cocktail hour and did a great job for a few hundred dollars. Jim Cooper at Soundwave did a great job as the DJ for the reception.
6 - ?
7 - I would highly recommed Elena at Aveda Salon.
Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:22 PM
| Originally Posted by Kristy621 |
Ali, I am getting married in about 10 weeks in key west
Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:25 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users