Sign in to follow this  
ndiege

Garrett & Tiffany

Hi everyone,

I must say I am extremely happy I happened to find this forum in a random google search (for Dreams Tulum). I hope that Tiffany and I (Garrett) can contribute as much helpful information as I have already gotten so far. Here are our every changing details:

1. Name - Tiffany and Garrett

2. Wedding date - planning around kids school schedule, so spring break 2008smile29.gif

3. Wedding location - 80-90% sure it'll be in Mexico, and 80-90% sure we love Dreams Tulum for the wedding and then a getaway to Secrets Capri.

I'd love to know from everyone if there truly is such a thing as a "destination wedding coordinator" and why you have/have not chosen to go that route. I found one that we have just begun to work with, but am thrilled with so far (she suggested Dreams Tulum). Some are really just travel agents in disguise and others actually do what you'd expect a wedding planner to do (and get paid via booking the travel).

Garrett

Welcome. Yes their are Destination wedding coordinatior, I hired one. My advise, if your doing a legal wedding then yes I would hire one, if your not doing a legal, IMO (unless you are expecting a large group) I wouldn't hire one. Almost everything you want to know is on here, and the girls are great.

Welcome! Another groom huh? Exciting!

Hey Garrett. Welcome to the forum! Dreams Tulum is a beautiful resort, have you been before? I loved loved loved their explorers club for kids... how old are the kids you're bringing? Best club ever, for all ages!

I personally have just hired a TA, and will be working with the resort WC at Dreams Los Cabos. I'm still early in the planning though, so I might change my mind. I've seen others say the same thing and then "cave" and get a DW WC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
Hey Garrett. Welcome to the forum! Dreams Tulum is a beautiful resort, have you been before? I loved loved loved their explorers club for kids... how old are the kids you're bringing? Best club ever, for all ages!
I personally have just hired a TA, and will be working with the resort WC at Dreams Los Cabos. I'm still early in the planning though, so I might change my mind. I've seen others say the same thing and then "cave" and get a DW WC.
Oh and thanks for the review on Tulum....smile72.gif

Hi Garrett! Welcome to the forum! I'm also getting married at Dreams Tulum. It's so exciting to get more Tulum brides and grooms!!

I too have tons of info on Dreams Tulum...if you have questions.

To answer your question, I am using a TA and the WC at the hotel. It's working just fine for us.