Photo

Mens outfits...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Leigh_bc

Leigh_bc
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:22 AM

I've been looking through a lot of the photo's and videos for Las Caletas weddings and i noticed that in them a lot of the men wore white or beige beachy type of pants that were like some kind of calico or similar looking material maybe even like a hemp. Does anyone know if there's a name for this style of trousers or what the material actually is?

Thanks!

#2 binzer

binzer
    • 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

Linen pants maybe? Post links or pics if you can :)

#3 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
      • 475 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

I think this is what you are talking about...but not positive.

My FI and his guys are going to wear guayabera shirts (probably in linen) and linen pants. We are debating about purchasing the outfits at either Penners or Friday Shirts

Penners: Guayaberas, Mexican Shirts, Hawaiian Shirts, and Guayabera Shirts

Beach Wedding Attire | Guayabera, Guayabera Shirts, Havana Shirts, Mexican wedding shirts, Hawaiian

Guayabera Shirts: Beach Wedding Shirts | Guayaberas, Linen Pants, Boys Linen Shirts, Mexican Wedding Shirts.
        Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#4 Erica053009

Erica053009
        • 513 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

try a company called Cubavera they have a website but I bought the GM pants in Macys last summer (they should be back in stores soon) they are great...They are drawstring in the front and has a little elastic in the back so I didn't have to worry about exact sizes so they only have to get them hemmed if anything...I am not sure what I am doing about shirts yet I personally like the long sleeve white shirts cuffed up casually

#5 Mother of Bride

Mother of Bride
          • 100 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

I was glad to find this thread that showed the guayabera shirts, now I can show my husband (father of the bride ) what I expect him to wear to our daughters wedding in June. Thanks !

#6 pugmomjenn

pugmomjenn
            • Banned
            • 138 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:08 AM

I think we're (HE) is going to wear linen pants and a linen or similar material shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Now if only my TTD dress was that easy to figure out! LOL!

#7 Leigh_bc

Leigh_bc
              • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

Thanks ladies....yes i'm thinking they might be linen what i'm thinkin of. unfortunatly we don't have Macy's or similar here as i'm in Australia so i'll have to try and track down where i might be able to find them.

Leigh

#8 Mrs.Captain

Mrs.Captain
                • 156 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

We got my husband's pants at a Tip Top Taylor at the end of summer. We got our BM pants at The Bay. We got the shirts at Tommy Bahama. I know you're in Sydney, but there are options out there. If you want to try on first and not buy on-line, I would suggest men's shops or department stores.

Good Luck!
                  Jennifer & David
                  January 22, 2009
                  Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya, Mexico

http://i411.photobuc....100_4747-1.jpg

#9 Leigh_bc

Leigh_bc
                  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:58 AM

I'm not in Sydney i'm in Victoria just outside of Melbourne. I went to a few places today but still no luck so i think a bit more homework is called for... but yes ii would prefer to see them first rather than shop on the net

Leigh

#10 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,047 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                    • LocationToronto

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

I thought it was just regular suit material (lite weight wool) but it came in different colors. My FI is getting a dark navy suit, lol, I think we'll be the one of the only ones going for a darker lite weight material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users