Inexpensive White Sundress in February?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DWandMJ

• 274 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

We've finally scheduled our legal ceremony on March 19th and I'm desperate to find a cute white sundress that can hopefully serve double-duty for our AHR. But where do you find such an item in February? Shouldn't the next season's fashions (aka Spring) be out in stores by now?

#2 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:37 AM

yep, they're starting to come out, so hit up the malls!

#3 MarieSam

• VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:23 AM

For inexpensive dresses I always hit up the discounted department stores like Ross, Marshalls, Burlington Coat Factor (yes they have tons of cute dresses there), and TJ Maxx. I've found that my best deals always come from Ross as they seem to be the cheapest of the four. Those places should definitely have spring/summer lines in the stores shortly!! Good luck I'm sure you'll be able to find something in no time

#4 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:52 AM

btw, if youre willing to look online, check out Victoria Secret b/c a ton of their dresses come in white (just do a search for "white dress' and it'll show you all the ones that come in white, even though they're often shown in a color).

#5 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

I agree that you should search by color.

J crew and White House Black Market are always good places to start. Maybe if you find a dress you like, then you can try and find it on EBay or elsewhere online.

#6 soon2bePowers

• 382 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

Banana Republic
              J Crew
              Victoria Secret
              White House Black Market
              JC Penney
              Wet Seal
              Forever 21
              Old Navy
              Arden B
              David's Bridal

These are the places I am checking periodically for dresses. Maxi dresses are really cute an are actually what my BM's are wearing.

Good luck!

#7 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,369 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

I just checked Victoria's Secret online - they have SO many cute beachy summery dresses. So annoying though that they only sell their clothes online because I feel like Id want to try it on before purchasing but a good place to get ideas and other attire for the DW

#8 binzer

• 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

I think it only costs $6 to return a VS item, and they include the return label when you get it, so at least if it doesn't fit you can ditch it :)

There's also a somewhat wedding-y bathing suit I just found
                  Click the image to open in full size.

I think I may do a VS order and get myself a dress, a bathing suit, and some lingerie.

I'm also going to get a dress here: Etsy :: isadoraclothing :: NEW- Chameleon dress and tube top set- Infinite variations in one dress-Introductory sale

It's really versatile, and according to the feedback it travels well with no wrinkling :)

#9 DWandMJ

• 274 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

You girls are awesome! There are a few websites I didn't think to look at and I'll keep my eyes peeled on my subsequent trips to Reno.

Thanks for the assurance!

#10 pugmomjenn

• Banned
                    • 138 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

If you have a designer you like, also check ebay! I'm going to be purchasing my TTD from there. There are some great deals to be had, you just have to know what you are looking for and know your measurements. I know it can be stressful buying without trying it on but if you've tried similar styles or a particular designer and know your measurements you can do great! Good luck. You'll have to let us know what you decide on:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users