Photo

Juan Navarro - Past brides & comments on him??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

Like alot of future Dreams brides we are pretty much stumped if we should keep the package with Juan or pay extra $ and get an outside photographer?? Have any of you past dreams brides used him and if so can you show us his work?
    <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#2 phishphan

phishphan
    • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Juan is the photographer that comes with my package at Secrets Maroma too. I can't wait to hear some reviews. I think we might invest in an outside photographer.

#3 Michelle613

Michelle613
      • 331 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hey, I'm wondering if he's okay too. I know most Dreams Cancun brides are going with outside photographers.. I'm still deciding so if anyone has any input..
        Michelle & Arsen
        Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#4 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
        • 248 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

Noone is really responding to this post Does it mean noone wants to talk about it or does it mean noone ever opts to use him?? This scares me because my budget is not really stretching for me to be able to use an outside photographer but at the same time if i have to i will... Someone out there please respond lol
          <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#5 Michelle613

Michelle613
          • 331 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

Yes, people please post on Juan! Also, I want a bunch of wedding portraits of me and my fiance on the beach- like really nice ones- does he do that?
            Michelle & Arsen
            Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#6 airampz

airampz
            • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

Same here..I am getting married at SMB and when asked Cecilia about a photographer he is the one she gave me. Now, from what I see I see most brides are opting for an outside photographer...Any review on Juan
              Maria~

#7 beach2009

beach2009
              • 299 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:17 PM

Simistar got married at SMB in December and I believe she had the resort photog cover her reception. Here's the link to her review. She's great and I'm sure she'll answer any questions about the resort photog.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t34046

#8 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                • 327 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31773

She used him. She has a link to her pics on this thread.

#9 iwantadreamswedding

iwantadreamswedding
                  • 327 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Her pics look pretty good to me!

#10 Kits55

Kits55
                    • 607 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:41 AM

I posted some pics of our reception that one of Juan's associates did. It's hard to rate him/his associates because everyone likes different things. i saw Juan himself doing some photographs for a bride with some really nice looking boulders at SMB last week when we were there.

His associate took some OK pictures but nothing special. We had him shooting our event inside and he used a flash for every single picture. Our hired photo did not do that so I think he's pretty new and doesn't really have either the ability or knowledge on how to shoot successfully in low lighting. He did a lot of black and whites with a little bit of color and DH and i really don't like those kinds of pictures.

I would say that if awesome pictures are a top priority for anyone to hire an outside photog.

I will say that because he was our package photog we had our wedding on Saturday and had our 50 picture album by Monday night. That was nice because we got to share them with our guests that were still there. We also received a CD with the pictures in our album in very large format so we can size them down if we need to.

Here is a link to some of the pictures he did for us. My post is #9
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32681

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users