Riu Montego Bay (RMB) *Post wedding info and attachments*

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#121 laurar4444

laurar4444
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste 

Riu has really good free packages, and that's what I wanted, basic basic basic. But it says that 80% of guests have to stay at the hotel or the wedding will be canceled! I don't really feel comfortable telling my guests they HAVE to stay at our hotel. Has anyone heard of a wedding being canceled? What percentage usually chooses to stay at the hotel of the wedding?

I am getting married at RMB June 9, 2012 and this policy has worried me too.  I can't believe that they would cancel a wedding for not booking the right amount of rooms.  I am hoping my guest choose to stay at RMB for the convenience and because it is a nice resort.

#122 laurar4444

laurar4444
    • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

This is an awesome thread!!!  Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and pictures!  The information you ladies have shared is sooooo helpful!

#123 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
      • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Thank you!  I was trying to figure that out as well.

Together we can conquer the world.
        M+D -- May 25, 2012 - Iberostar Rose Hall Grand

87 booked and counting!

#124 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
        • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by montegobay09 

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nicoleswrld
          How do I open these attachments? It keeps saying something about points. I have been trying to get all the extra options from the Riu but they are veeeeery slow sending anything.
          THANKS!!!
          You get points here on BDW by posting on threads, starting your own thread, etc. It seems like it takes forever at first to get points but just keep reading threads and posting and you'll have enough in no time!

Happy planning!

Thank you, that explains it!  This means I have some sharing to do and friends to make. Easy enough. :-)

Together we can conquer the world.
          M+D -- May 25, 2012 - Iberostar Rose Hall Grand

87 booked and counting!

#125 Jwed12

Jwed12
          • 251 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

Our travel agent suggested not really giving guests the option. Don't be pushy of course, but she suggested just saying, "The wedding will be held at Riu-Montego Bay. Here is the link to check out the accommodations." If you start having guests spread out in different hotels, you'll have so much more of a headache later.

-They'll have to get day passes.

-They won't have the all-inclusive meals and drinks

-If there is time between ceremony and reception, they won't have a room to go back to

-They will have to make travel arrangements to get there, and cabs can be very expensive.

Of course, it is always up to your guests where they want to stay, but having everyone at the same hotel would make your life a lot easier. Plus, then you can all enjoy each other's company at the pool or beach for the rest of the time you're there.

#126 compique

compique
            • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

I too cannot stand those ugly blue wicker chairs that most certainly wont go with my peach and green decor so i decided to rent the chiavari chairs for the reception and use chair covers with tiebacks for the ceremoney...my Tai Flora bill is already past 3000.00 already

#127 compique

compique
              • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

Excellent!! thanks for the info..couldn't decide which one to choose.

#128 compique

compique
                • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Has any one tried doing a slide show between the ceremoney and the reception time...any ideas how to fill that gap...can u have a modified cocktail hour ...most of my guest arent drinkers

#129 shanas

shanas
                  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

did anyone do the beach dinner? I see the $55 pp charge, but what other expenses are incurred? alcohol, food, dj, decor? etc. thanks,

#130 MrsHamblett2012

MrsHamblett2012
                    • 118 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

I to am thinking about having my DW at the RIU Montego Bay...This thread has been very helpful. The attachments (which i cant open yet) seem to be pretty dated...Does anyone have any current information on this resort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users