41c - Stamp rates change in less than a month!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adeybaby

• 81 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:29 PM

I am not sure if everyone is up on the new stamp rate, but a first-class stamp is going from 39 cents to 41 cents. Definitely won't break the bank, but something to be aware of. The rate goes into effect May 14. They ARE reducing the Wedding Invitation rate, though, so make sure you follow-up with your local postal service. They have sample rates here:

Press Release/Sample Rates

#2 LisaG

• VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the update!! My invites went out today...no more mailings for me.

#3 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:09 PM

Thanks! I never new stamps were so expensive!! I spent about $100 on my stamps for my DIY STD's!

#4 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:29 AM

Thanks. Have you guys heard of the new forever stamp they are putting out? I'm not sure exactly how it works but I think they are stamps you can buy and add to your old stamps to equal the new postage forever, no matter how much it increases in the future. I still have to look into it.

#5 adeybaby

• 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

Their's a brief blurb about the forever stamp in the the press release, though I think it's only for 1 oz mail:

Forever Stamp

The Governors approved the Forever Stamp, which will sell at the new 41-cent First-Class Mail one-ounce letter rate. The value on these stamps will always be the one-ounce letter rate and can be used for any future one-ounce letter mailing without extra postage.

"The Forever Stamp is a consumer innovation that delivers convenience and value and will help ease the transition for mailing letters when prices change," said Chairman Miller.

#6 calyx6

• 160 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

The Forever Stamp is already available to buy at the post office. I got a book last week. It's not the prettiest thing though - the Liberty Bell.

Tulum - November 3, 2007

#7 PaulaV

• VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:06 AM

I got a link to this in my email today about wedding stamps through Zazzle and theKnot. They have many graphics to choose from and there is a reduced price if you buy more than 1 sheet of 20 stamps.

41 cent stamps at 39 cent price until May 14th:

Zazzle.comâ„¢ Stamps

#8 SheaS

• 380 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

Does anyone know of a good website where you can get wedding stamps? I want something pretty, and I found some on the knot, but I think they came out to be like .79 cents per stamp- and that's not worth it. I don't mind spending a little more per stamp, but not double.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users