Jump to content

Photo

Black Maxi Dresses for BMs-- thoughts?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ashey063009

ashey063009
  • Member
  • 604 posts

    Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

    Hey All,

    So my FI and I decided (well, I guess I decided, lol) That we wanted to stick with the very simple and elegant theme of black and white for the big day.

    I ordered a very simple and pretty casual black Maxi Dress the other day, to check it out and take a look at the fabric. I really feel like the black will contract beautifully with the tropical flowers, and that the dress will be cool enough... The only problem is that all of you BDW Brides have such amazing colors, I'm considering a change of mind.

    So I'm looking for insight...

    Here's a pic of the dress.

    http://i306.photobuc....558_resize.jpg

    Thanks!

    #2 Angel

    Angel
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,635 posts

      Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

      I like the dress it's really cute. And I say go with what you want, not with what everybody else is. My colors are red black and white and my BM's are wearing black dresses. If you like it go with it. Don't change your mind because it's different.

      #3 soon2bePowers

      soon2bePowers
      • Jr. Member
      • 382 posts

        Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

        I think I am going to go with this, Alloy > HALTER MAXI > apparel > dresses > solid maxi dress. I have ordered it in teal for my BM's and then in black for me (just for fun). I really like how simple the dresses are and my BM's are really happy with it and with the price!!

        #4 ashey063009

        ashey063009
        • Member
        • 604 posts

          Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by soon2bePowers
          I think I am going to go with this, Alloy > HALTER MAXI > apparel > dresses > solid maxi dress. I have ordered it in teal for my BM's and then in black for me (just for fun). I really like how simple the dresses are and my BM's are really happy with it and with the price!!
          Oh, I love that one! Very, very cute. I'm happy to see I'm not alone in the full-length patrol. I think the halter is very flattering and a little more formal as well.

          Great choice, and also a great website! Thanks

          #5 *Heather*

          *Heather*

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

            Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

            I wouldn't worry about not having bright colours! Mine are grey, blush, and black. Not exactly "beachy" but who cares! The only thing I'd worry about with those dresses is that it might be really hot. If your ceremony is late enough in the day though, it won't matter.

            #6 soon2bePowers

            soon2bePowers
            • Jr. Member
            • 382 posts

              Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:26 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ashey063009
              Oh, I love that one! Very, very cute. I'm happy to see I'm not alone in the full-length patrol. I think the halter is very flattering and a little more formal as well.

              Great choice, and also a great website! Thanks
              I have been stuck on long since the beginning. Something about it to me just says beachy.

              Where did you order yours from?

              #7 ashey063009

              ashey063009
              • Member
              • 604 posts

                Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:09 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by soon2bePowers
                I have been stuck on long since the beginning. Something about it to me just says beachy.

                Where did you order yours from?
                Ebay! It's genius. Just reference it as Hobo Maxi Dress and tons come up... Your BMs will DEFINITELY love these prices. :)

                #8 HotTamale

                HotTamale
                • Jr. Member
                • 304 posts

                  Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

                  I really like this dress you chose, simple, elegant yet casual, and can be dressed up beautifully.

                  #9 Ana

                  Ana

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,047 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                  • LocationToronto

                  Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

                  I love the look of black against bright tropical colors. I think it looks really beautiful! good pic!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users