Photo

Is this weird?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

I can't really decide on a MOH. I have three bridesmaids who are all good friends of mine but I never really had that "best" friend that I would pick above the rest and I don't have a sister!

Is it weird to not have a MOH? or should I just pick someone, maybe the most reliable of the three?

Danielle & John
    Aventura Spa Palace
    October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#2 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

I wouldn't pick one. Why cause yourself the stress and make the other two feel bad? 3 BMs is perfectly fine.

#3 Nurse2005

Nurse2005
      • 51 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

It's hard when you are all equally close. Don't feel pressured to pick one...I am a bridesmaid for a friends wedding in October and she is having 4 bridesmaids and no MOH, to hard to pick ONE above the rest. Just tell them that you feel the are all equal to you and you aren't having one.

#4 Jesdinan

Jesdinan
        • 48 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

I agree. You don't have to have a maid of honor at all. The only thing you want to make sure of is that your bridesmaids are on board to perform the traditional maid of honor duties -hosting the bridal shower, bachelorette parties, and helping out with the wedding planning and execution.

I think people are really just starting to realize that they can plan their wedding however they want. For example, My two sisters will be my maids of honor. I am not having any bridesmaids and my fiance is not having any groomsmen. Some might think it is strange but it is perfect for us.

#5 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

You could make all of them your MOHs. That way they all feel good! Or have all of them be BMs who share the MOH responsibilities. Whatever way works for you is what you should do.

#6 nikkib

nikkib
            • 65 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

i either wouldn't pick one or would choose them all. at the end of the regardless of what you choose, i am sure they all will do whatever they can to make your day special.

#7 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

I agree - you don't HAVE to have a MOH! I think it would work out just fine w/o one - that way no one gets feelings hurt and you won't have to stress about it.

#8 Raeyah

Raeyah
                • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

I think that it would be best not to pick one. The MOH will kind of pick her self.
                  For what ever reason it seems like one BM will rise to the occasion reguardless of title. It saves you having to make a hiearchy of BM and disappointment if the one you pick is falling short. Let them all do it and share the respondsibility, so no one is stressed :)

#9 ddiinnyyeell

ddiinnyyeell
                  • 226 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for all the advice! The girls actually came to me and picked their own maid of honor based on who was responsible and available to do it. :) Saved me a lot of stress!
                    Danielle & John
                    Aventura Spa Palace
                    October 30, 2009

Wedding Photos By Bella Luce Photography

#10 yamille

yamille
                    • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:35 AM

It's your wedding and therefore I think you don't need to stick to any sort of "tradition". I am only having a MOH and no bridesmaids. All my female guests that are travelling to Mexico are special enough to have been bridesmaids for the most part.

Go with your gut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users