Sign in to follow this  
Christinamaria22

Sand Ceremony Wording... which to choose

So I kind of copied and pasted some ceremony wording I really loved... now I am stuck.. which do you think flows better with the beginning wording... A or B.........

Love is the eternal force of life. Love is the force that allows us to face fear and uncertainty with courage. But although you will be sharing one life, never forget you are two separate people. Cherish and affirm your differences. Love each other. Keep your commitment primary. Together you will laugh and cry, be sick and well, be happy and angry, share and grow. Grow sometimes together, sometimes separately.

A)Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of White sand , representing you Christina and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the other representing you, William, and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be.

B) Their union is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of White Sand, representing you, Christina, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be- and the Blue Sand, representing you, William, and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be. As you youâ€re your individual colors together into one container it is representing your marriage and the beginning of life together. I ask that you each take a bottle of sand and together you will merge that sand into one.

(PAUSE, for the pouring of the sand. Read the following passage sand is being poured.)

Christina and William - our hopes for you today is that just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so your marriage will be.

Christina,

I like the second one, but that's probably because it is pretty much what we are using. I find that the wording in A seems to be saying you will not be an individual again and only will ever be viewed as a couple. The wording in B says similar words but doesn't seem to place as much emphisis on losing your individuality.

Thanks so much for your input... yah believe it or not a was the least one that emphazied on not being an individual any longer... why do they even right that.. I mean yah we are one now but we are still different in our ways as individuals... Is there a thread where everyone doing a sand ceremony posted their wording?

i agree that B is better. i didn't like all that wording about never existing as an individual again either!

i found this somewhere on this site and tweaked it a bit (the original said something about the song "long and winding road"). i think it's just perfect for a DW, and i just love it:

Before you met, your lives were on separate roads ... each going in different directions and seemingly leading to different destinations. But somewhere along the way you met, fell in love, and today you find yourselves standing together at the entrance of a new path that will forever join your once separate journeys into one.

Before each of you there is a container of sand. Each container represents the separate journeys you once were on. They also represent your own sets of friends and families that once were apart. In a moment I will ask that you both blend your individual containers of sand together ... representing the coming together of your friends and family, through your marriage, into one. And as the sand is blended into one container, your once solitary journeys will now be one of companionship, as you walk a single path together into your future.

I now ask that you blend your containers of sand together.

As the sand has blended together, your lives are now joined, your separate journeys through life are now one. Your friends and family are as one as well, for now you will share those who are in your lives and will walk hand-in-hand along the path of your marriage - united and strong as husband and wife, as inseparable as these grains of sand.

• Like 1

I vote for option B!

I have not decided yet on the wording for my sand ceremony, but it's definitely this kind of wording I want to have.