Palace Passport Trip Experience?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:39 AM

Hi all,

I am going to be a Moon Palace Bride in July. I have never been to Cancun or any Palace resorts before.

If you have any experience with the free tours and other things that come with the Palace Passport that is given to each guest with a 3-night stay, please share. I would like to pass on any recommendations and/or cautions to the guests at my wedding.

Do you recommend any of the tours over others if guests only have time for one or two?

Are any sales pitches forced on the guests at any of them or only at the hotel?

What items do you recommend people bring with them?

#2 soccergurl3

soccergurl3
    • 232 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

I would really like to know this info too, I am getting married there on July 16th!Looks like I might see you there TinaM2B!!

#3 nibsmom

nibsmom
      • 564 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Me too...I'm on the 18th! But I'll be arriving a little earlier on the 14th! I would love to hear about the excursions too - especially the zip lines!

*oh I love zip lines!*

#4 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
        • 445 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

I think this will be a full week. I am so excited. I have heard that Moon Palace is huge. I hope we have a chance to meet each other in person. We are going to be at the moon from the 5th to the 16th.

These next few months are going to be exciting! I hope to hear some of these answers soon.

AND I definitely want to do the zip line too...... BUT after the wedding!!

#5 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
          • 445 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

nibsmom,

Have you done the zip lines at this location? I can't wait!

#6 nibsmom

nibsmom
            • 564 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

LOL! No, I've done zip lines elsewhere. I just really think they are so fun!!! I'm definitely going to try it!

I wonder if we could find out the company that runs them (I know someone posted it in the MP thread) and look up reviews

#7 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
              • 445 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

I will keep an eye out for the company! I think I also saw it on a trip advisor forum too.

We will have to keep an eye out for each other Nibsmom and Soccergurl3. It will be a fun week.

#8 soccergurl3

soccergurl3
                • 232 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

I heard that the ziplines are only 15 mins away from the resort which is great!!Some of the other excursions are 2 -3 hours away

#9 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                  • 443 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

any new news? How were the zip lines? I would want to go to Chichen Itza, but how were the other excursions. My FI has been to Moon Palace 2 times already and did not do any excursions! He said there is so much to do at the resort already, is he right?

#10 flbluiiis

flbluiiis
                    • 184 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

I did the Tulum excursion when I stayed at Aventura Spa Palace. It was worth it. It was a short tour of the ruins then you got to walk around by yourself and check it out. Just the right amount of history before exploring. The breeze off the water keeps it cool enough that you don't get too hot (I was there in March). We then went to one of the other Palace Resorts for food and drinks. That was a cute place, but would not be happy if I stayed there. Glad it was only a few hours in the afternoon. It started with an X, but can't remember the full name.

I heard the zip lining was cool, but you are right next to the highway. Might be a better location through a different company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users