Photo

What are you getting him for a wedding present?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#11 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

Steve really wants a tag watch and I'd really like to get it for him, but I don't think we'll have the money for it before the wedding. I also thought about the b-pics, but if I'm doing those I better start working out more and eating less!

I have no other ideas!

#12 DreaW

DreaW
    • Banned
    • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

u know what Erik wants? he wants a Fatboy, Harley Davidson.....
      If I have money by then maybe....but that's a long shot

#13 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

hahahahahahahahaha, Eriks funny! I'd laugh in Steves face if he said that! We're actually selling his harley to pay for some of the wedding. So I had to promise that someday he'll be able to get another one.

So whats Erik getting you if he wants a HD?

#14 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:24 PM

good question....hmmm, a house, I don't know....Should I ask or should I do keep it as a surprise?

#15 laura b

laura b
          • 334 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

We're also not geting each other presents. When I told Michael about that tradition, he was like, "I have to get you ANOTHER present? Wasn't the ring enough"
            So I was like, "cool, off the hook." But I do think I'm getting his ring engraved.

#16 DreaW

DreaW
            • Banned
            • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:30 PM

Erik says that if he doesn't get a motorcycle then he get's a year of sexual favors.....
              he wanted me to tell you guys that lol

#17 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DREA14369
                good question....hmmm, a house, I don't know....Should I ask or should I do keep it as a surprise?
                no I wouldn't ask him, FI told me he wanted to get me pearls, I didn't want him to tell me, but he said he needed to so I didn't get something else to wear for the wedding. But now I kind of don't really want pearls. Not that I don't think they're beautiful and I'd love to wear them on my wedding day, but thats just it, thats probably the only time I'd wear them, I'm really not a pearl person.

So anyway my point is, if he feels he needs to tell you for some reason he will, otherwise let him surprise you.

I think I may just tell steve that we should just wait until our anniversary and get each other something really special or just get each other something small for the wedding.

I do want to get his ring engraved, I guess I could consider that my present to him

#18 PaulaV

PaulaV
                • VIP Member
                • 2,813 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by laura b
                  We're also not geting each other presents. When I told Michael about that tradition, he was like, "I have to get you ANOTHER present? Wasn't the ring enough"
                  Sounds like what my FI said ... followed by he didn't know it was a tradition :)

#19 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:10 PM

1. a nice watch
                    2. engrave the ring
                    3. b-pics
                    4. a first edition of his favorite book
                    5. an autographed ball with their favorite sportsplayers signature
                    6. a bottle of really expensive liquor like Louis the 15th (bottle costs $1,500)
                    7. a cool game gift if you own a house such as a pool table, a fooseball table, an air hockey table, a card table, etc.
                    8. you could get an old school edition of a video game (like the kinds they have in arcades)
                    9. you could upgrade his car with new rims, speakers, etc.
                    10. expensive cufflinks
                    11. new set of golf clubs
                    12. one of those expensive razor sets (like the art of shaving which sells a gold razor for like $600) or the razor stand
                    13. tickets to their favorite sportsgame (think big like superbowl, world cup, etc. or smaller games if you can't afford to get something too expensive) and let them go with their boys. it will mean that much more if they don't feel obligated to have to bring you to a game you will not enjoy.

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head but as soon as some come to me I will get back to you guys.

-Glenda

#20 MelissaH

MelissaH
                    • 1,724 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:21 PM

John's mom passed away when he was young and he doesn't have any pictures of her or anything and wanted to do something to remember here at our wedding - so I tracked down a picture of her (I had to send it away to get it restored and have 2 other people removed from it, but it turned out really nice) and bought a beautiful frame and got it engraved with;

"She looks down from heaven
                      With the angels above
                      On our wedding day
                      Mom sends you her love."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users