Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2911 Rowe

Rowe
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

Hello All!

I'm new to the forum...I'm likely not having a destination wedding (though I wish!) but this thread is best I have ever found regarding knock-off gowns. Thanks ladies!

I have a couple concerns. I have tried on similar styles to gowns I love in stores and I really love the fabric and how it fits. I am wondering if the fabric will be anywhere near the same. I'm not big on satin or any other shiny materials. I like the matte taffetas, organzas, and chiffon type fabrics.

I also go towards a more atypical dress design. I stay away from any lace and beading, but the dresses I love have A LOT of detail in the fabric. I'd love to get a dress like these made:

adelaide.jpgairenur.jpg

apologies for the giant pictures.

Does anyone have experience having a dress with a ton of fabric detail like these made? How did it turn out?

Thanks!!

#2912 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

hahahaha...Rowe ..this reminds me of a $6000 dress that we saw a couple of pages ago....no comment!  However, I think Babyonline can make it.

Misst,

I don't know why u picked that vendor for a dress that needs heavy beading skills, but I think u can ask them to add more beadings.  Plus, it is hard to judge from photos, usually the real dress is more beautiful.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2913 DrLoza

DrLoza
      • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rowe 

Hello All!

I'm new to the forum...I'm likely not having a destination wedding (though I wish!) but this thread is best I have ever found regarding knock-off gowns. Thanks ladies!

I have a couple concerns. I have tried on similar styles to gowns I love in stores and I really love the fabric and how it fits. I am wondering if the fabric will be anywhere near the same. I'm not big on satin or any other shiny materials. I like the matte taffetas, organzas, and chiffon type fabrics.

I also go towards a more atypical dress design. I stay away from any lace and beading, but the dresses I love have A LOT of detail in the fabric. I'd love to get a dress like these made:

adelaide.jpgairenur.jpg

apologies for the giant pictures.

Does anyone have experience having a dress with a ton of fabric detail like these made? How did it turn out?

Thanks!!

Hey..

I would use dress2.JPGdress4.JPGdress5.JPG dress_white_310_11_m.jpg

dress_white_136_12_m.jpg39aa8a2780a73674a267cbff0fefcfff_m

The veil

white_hair_731_10_m.jpg

Final look

makeup_726_11_m.jpgceremony_white_467_10_m.jpg

#2914 misst

misst
        • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:46 AM

• @ prettypigpig thanks, I will wait for the dress to see in person  and put beading myself. 
        • i went with them because i thought from review that they were among the best in knock off....... i guess not in beading . which dressmaker is better in beading

#2915 misst

misst
          • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:50 AM

• @ rachey82 and Praye  .................................thanks for the input , I have not received the dress but will try to fix the beading myself when it comes. thanks

#2916 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Just to keep you all posted. I still haven't received my dress. With all the hassle I've been going through trying to get this dress, it better fit perfect. I'm also worried to try on my first one since I unintentionally lost weight, it might not fit either.

#2917 Rowe

Rowe
              • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

I think I might have seen the dress you're referring to. But that one had a few fabric flowers attached to the skirt whereas with these styles, the skirt is just made up of the fabric floral detail, no separating the two. Bit trickier to pull off.

Whats Babyonline's website/contact info? I couldn't find them through ebay or a google search. Thanks.

#2918 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:12 AM

Rowe, they are a seller on dhgate.com. It's very similar to ebay. If you want to contact them, sign up for an account on that website.

#2919 Rowe

Rowe
                  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

Thanks, mochamakes3!

They look promising. The finished product photos that they have a few of look really good. And so inexpensive! For good quality materials, I am willing to pay a bit more but I may not have to with this seller.

#2920 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

Rowe, Just make sure to order well in advance. I ordered early February, I was promised to receive my dress by March 20, it was not sent until March 28 and it is still in transit. We leave next week, so no alterations for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users