Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2241 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

I know when I look at the tracking info for mine, sometimes the timestamps look out of order but its because of different time zones - maybe thats the case with yours?

If there's no update by Tuesday, I would contact whichever delivery company your package was sent through and ask for information.  My first package was held until I went to go sign papers and show proof of payment, so it does happen sometimes.  So excited for you that your dress is almost here!!  :)

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

30 Dec 2010  15:00:34  Vancouver  Shipment In Transit. 
    30 Dec 2010  14:40:13  Vancouver  Shipment Received At Transit Point. 
    30 Dec 2010  17:22:00  Canada Others  Shipment Held In Warehouse. Follow Up Actions Underway. 
    30 Dec 2010  15:45:00  Canada Others  Onforwarded For Delive 

Can someone help me understand this shipping information.  It looks like the shipment is being held in the warehouse as looking at the time codes "follow up actions are underway".  Does this mean they are holding my dress?  At first I thought Onforward for delivery meant it was being delivered to me but if you look at the times, they aren't in order.  17:22 is the last entry.  Or am I wrong here?  I'm worried I'm not going to get my dress.

#2242 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:34 AM

Ginger - I would guess that your dress is being processed by customs. Usually takes a couple of days unless they think it is really undervalued. Don't forget that today is a federal holiday too, so it might not be processed by customs and certainly not by Canada Post. Don't worry too much. It will arrive!

#2243 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

Mocha...

Ginger is a federal employee, so she knows that the $25/h postmen aren't working today..heehee!

Ginger,

I think the package is ready and waiting for postmen to get back to work! ah...can't wait to see the pics with u in it.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2244 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
        • Banned
        • 253 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

After looking at the tracking last night and then reading about the poster that received the call from customs, I went into panic mode thinking they were going to send it on back to China or something because it was undervalued.  Considering I've seen the pictures of the dress and how perfect it is, I really wanted to make sure that wasn't going to happen.  I was more concerned about the wording of the tracking.  Monica Bridal used a different shipping company this time so none of this looked at all familiar.  I hope the dress takes a good two weeks to come.  After my ten day vacation at the Royal in Playa del Carmen and all the extra good eating I did, I need the time to exercise :)

"He's my Lobster"

#2245 missook

missook
          • 163 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Wow, I didn't know they sold knock off wedding dresses!  If you could find a great deal, I would totally have purchased knock off!

#2246 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

Ginger - Did it arrive?

#2247 kristie

kristie
              • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi, has anyone ordered a lace fit and flare style dress from landy bridal? I have been talking back and forth with her and trying to decide on a dress, I love that style and would love to see a finished one.

Thanks

#2248 TSBride

TSBride
                • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

So...I got my dress in!  I made the mistake of trying on dresses that were way out of my price range (I guess I didn't watch Say Yes to the Dress soon enough!) and fell in love with one.  I had a replica made and here is the result.  Let me know what you think!

RKreplica - back 1.jpgRKreplica - front 1.jpg

#2249 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

That looks like the real thing to me not a replica!

#2250 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                    • Banned
                    • 253 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Got it and I'm very very happy with it.  Exactly what I asked for.  With the exception of taking in a tiny little bit in the boobage area it fits to perfection.  I just returned from Mexico earlier this week and had to go back to work Thursday so I just found my camera this afternoon :) I'll be posting up pics a little later as soon as I can take them. 

"He's my Lobster"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users