Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1841 lisadias

lisadias
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

At first glance the dress looks great on you but after seeing the poor workmanship I can understand how that would be upsetting. I love the ruffles on the new dress. If you are doing a TTD use the knockoff, it would work perfect!

#1842 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
    • Banned
    • 253 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

Okay so here's mine.  Got to my mom's and we laced it up but seems to be a bit big but that's okay.  Nothing that my very best friend the seamstress cannot fix for me.  It's also way too long.  Keep in mind I'm in bare feet and will be wearing 4 inch shoes.  However, that being said, I think I'm going to have her remove the entire bottom ruffle.  Each one is separate, so again no problems.  The dress has no flaws. None.  Like I said I'm more than pleased with it.  This will be my reception dress, so a few inches in on the side and a few inches shorter and I will be good to go.  Thoughts? hope this works okay with the pics.

Attached Files

"He's my Lobster"

#1843 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
      • Banned
      • 253 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

CIMG9132.JPGCIMG9138.JPGCIMG9139.JPG

"He's my Lobster"

#1844 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
        • Banned
        • 253 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

okay so for my second time at uploading...wow this site is jammed up.  Anyway as you can see the dress is a little big on me and a lot long.  My best friend is a seamstress so we have decided to take off the entire bottom ruffle as well as pull it in on the side seams.  The corset is pretty much pulled as tight as possible and i'm still a little loose.  No biggie though.  Absolutely no other issues with the dress.  It will make a great reception dress shortened, tightened and with a pair of hot shoes.

G

"He's my Lobster"

#1845 m00sie

m00sie
          • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Yup, you do have to pay for the samples (or the postage) or both lol. It depends on the company. I don't think Duosheng charge for the samples, its just $14.95 (I think) for the samples and you tell them which colours/fabrics you would like.

I definitely think its worth getting samples - I am even considering buying my own beads and sending them over.

#1846 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
            • 190 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

Wow, it's gorgeous!!!  I'm so happy for you!  Too big and too long seems to be the theme... at least it's better than too small and too short! 

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

Okay so here's mine.  Got to my mom's and we laced it up but seems to be a bit big but that's okay.  Nothing that my very best friend the seamstress cannot fix for me.  It's also way too long.  Keep in mind I'm in bare feet and will be wearing 4 inch shoes.  However, that being said, I think I'm going to have her remove the entire bottom ruffle.  Each one is separate, so again no problems.  The dress has no flaws. None.  Like I said I'm more than pleased with it.  This will be my reception dress, so a few inches in on the side and a few inches shorter and I will be good to go.  Thoughts? hope this works okay with the pics.

#1847 m00sie

m00sie
              • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Love both dresses Christina - its a pity about the poor workmanship on the gianinar =( do you know whether they can smooth out the pin holes etc?

Ginger, that dress is so funky! perfect for a reception dress :)

#1848 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Ginger...

wow!  it will be perfect with a flower fascinator and a pair of hot heels!

Attached Files

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1849 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Wow Ginger I love your dress! Sooo sexy. The ruffles rock! I had the same problem with mine, too big and too long! It will be awesome for your reception dress but what dress are you wearing for the ceremony? Lucky you to have a friend who is a seamstress. They want to charge me 150 to 250 to do the alterations on my dress!

#1850 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                    • 1,917 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Ginger - It looks gorgeous. When I saw that dress on Monica Bridal I was really tempted to order that one. And now that I see the results, I'm even more tempted. It's going to be tough waiting for the one I already ordered to arrive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users