Jump to content
BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Recommended Posts

I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

Jasmine: $519

 

 

 

feedback.gif

post-41201-138622301388_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For something as detailed as this I think you will need to go with the higher quality option of Jasmine. It's only $100 more than Gianinar but WAY less than full price in a store here.

 

Originally Posted by erinmc View Post

I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

Jasmine: $519

 

 

 

feedback.gif



 

post-27447-138622301395_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

 

For something as detailed as this I think you will need to go with the higher quality option of Jasmine. It's only $100 more than Gianinar but WAY less than full price in a store here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by erinmc View Post

 

I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

Jasmine: $519

 

 

 

feedback.gif

UGH I can't get the picture to post with out the attachment!!~!!!

post-41201-138622301472_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have no experience with Babyonline or Gianinar but I was/am extremely happy with my experience with Jasmines Bridal.  They were always very promt in returning emails and answering all questions.  I also placed 1/2 down deposit and then once recieving my pictures of my dress, yes they were on a manequin, I was able to make comments, alterations and recieved yet another set of pictures after things had been altered and once I oked the dress they charged me the remainder.  Based off of my experience I would recommend Jasmines!  My dress was not nearly as detailed but if you look at some of the work they have done it might help to give you a better opinion on what type of work they can do.

Originally Posted by erinmc View Post

I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

Jasmine: $519

 

 

 

feedback.gif



 

post-35471-138622301491_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I agree with taking off the second row of beading.  Other than that I think it looks great.  The lace on the bottom looks really good.  Look at it this way, even if you have to have some alterations it will still probably be less than your inspiration dress.  Post pics when you get it!
 

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland View Post

I emailed babyonline this morning and said I wanted to cancel my order as they've been telling me for almost 2 weeks now that they would email me pictures but didn't, but magicaly about an hour later I got my pictures, which you can see below. What do you think? I've asked them to remove the second row of beading (had never requested that) :

 

DHGate 8.jpg

DHGate 9.jpg

 

DHGate 10.jpg

 

Any honest feedback would be appreciated! 

Besides asking to remove the second row of beading, do you have any other advice or suggestions?

I also asked them to confirm if boning and if so how many.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks I think I will go with Jasmine's. I did look at there pictures and this dress is on there and looks amazing!!! My wedding isn't until 10/2012. When is it suggested to order? I know i have plenty of time. I would like to lose 30 lbs. Did you go to a professional to get measurements?

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post


I have no experience with Babyonline or Gianinar but I was/am extremely happy with my experience with Jasmines Bridal.  They were always very promt in returning emails and answering all questions.  I also placed 1/2 down deposit and then once recieving my pictures of my dress, yes they were on a manequin, I was able to make comments, alterations and recieved yet another set of pictures after things had been altered and once I oked the dress they charged me the remainder.  Based off of my experience I would recommend Jasmines!  My dress was not nearly as detailed but if you look at some of the work they have done it might help to give you a better opinion on what type of work they can do.



 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous!!! Very Beachy
 

Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 View Post

Just wanted to share a dress a friend of mine ordered from Jasmine's Bridal. The inspiration is by SarahSeven.

 

practically_perfect.jpgIMG_3193.JPGIMG_3194.JPGIMG_0330.JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×