Using reusable cups at ROR

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hi everyone

I have cute Tervis tumblers with a palm tree on them for my OOT bags. (I am concerned about all the plastic cups that get thrown away every day!! Trying to do a little for the environment.) However, a couple of people have mentioned to me that using these cups might be considered "tacky" at this resort. Any thoughts? Have past visitors to the ROR noticed people using them? Anyone else have them for OOT bags?

#2 albertabride

albertabride
    • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Hi! I just got back on saturday and the mugs are definitely okay. Don't worrry about it, every second person has a glass brought from home or at the resort. I think that's a great addition to your oot bags!
      [FONT="Century Gothic"]

#3 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
      • 215 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

Don't worry about disposable cups. Most of the time you'll get a proper glass or a reuseable plastic cup for your drinks (one exception might be the beach party.) I think including cups in your OOT bags is a great idea though. We made travel mugs and everyone got quite a kick out of them and used them the whole week! It helped people who didn't know each other before the wedding to recognize each other. I say go for it! It's not tacky, the bartenders will gladly fill them for you and your guests.

#4 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
        • 123 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

That's great! Thanks ladies. I was worried as I just spent a bundle on them.

#5 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
          • 319 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ch2344
            Hi everyone

I have cute Tervis tumblers with a palm tree on them for my OOT bags. (I am concerned about all the plastic cups that get thrown away every day!! Trying to do a little for the environment.) However, a couple of people have mentioned to me that using these cups might be considered "tacky" at this resort. Any thoughts? Have past visitors to the ROR noticed people using them? Anyone else have them for OOT bags?
            Where did u get ur mugs from?

#6 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
            • 123 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

I live in Canada so I had to get my aunt who lives in the States to pick them up for me. She bought them directly from Tervis. We bought these in a 16 oz:

Tervis Tumbler

She had a discount coupon and we got them for less than $10 each. That was our only "splurge" for the bags.

#7 klopez

klopez
              • 176 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

We got tumblers from the dollar store and filled them up with candy and gum. Gave them away at the airport because we didn't want to carry a box of them thru security check. Everyone loved them and about half of our guests used them. they may have gotten more use in the rooms though, since the cups in there are so small. We def got some good use out of ours though GO FOR IT!

#8 chicklet

chicklet
                • 718 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

We used our Bubba Keg's all week. Bartenders had no troubles filling them up (both large and smaller ones). You will see several people around the resort using mugs. No problem!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users