Photo

Putting together OOT bags???

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 klktx

klktx
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

I was just wondering as far as the OOT bags go, is it easier to put them together before you go or wait until you get there.....and as far as getting the items there....is checking the items for the flight an easy task, I didn't know if they would hassle you about it or not with all of the regulations they have now, or has anybody shipped it to the hotel ahead of time? Any input would be great!

#2 Geralyn

Geralyn
    • 2,677 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

i was wondering the same thing

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

For me, it was easier to pack all of the OOT items & then put the bags together when I got there. Since we were there a few days before our guests arrived, DH & I had time to arrange the bags before giving them out at our welcome dinner.
        We didn't have any problems with checking our luggage or anyone asking us what we had packed. Once we reached customs & told them that we were getting married it was no problem!

Also since we had so much stuff to take we gave our parents some of our bags so that we wouldn't have to lug 7 pieces of luggage ourselves. If thats an option for you, I definitely suggest that.

I don't think I would've even attempted to ship items to the hotel. I would'nt want to worry about everything arriving there safely & on time.

Another thing that some BDW brides have done, is to give the bags out to their guests before they leave for the DW. The advantage to that is you don't have to worry about packing it & dealing with it yourself.

Hope this helps!

#4 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
        • 856 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

I plan on putting the bags together once we get there.

#5 Katherine4-09

Katherine4-09
          • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

My Future in laws are coming to CT in 3 weeks for our shower, they are saving room in their suitcase to pack some things that we need for Mexico, the OOT bags, Were going to assemble them there, and give them out at our welcome dinner.
            Katherine & Jeff getting hitched 4/24/09!!

#6 Anna83

Anna83
            • 288 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

I put our bags together when we got there. There is no way I could have put them together at home and been able to fit the stuff in our luggage. We did not have any problems getting the stuff there. I prepared as much as I could before we left, so it took less than 30 minutes to put the bags together.

#7 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

Very good thread.. I was wondering the same thing!!

#8 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

I plan to prepack the contents in ziplock bags and pack them with the actual bags ina couple of suitcases and send them down with family. I will reassemble once we are there.

#9 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

I stuffed all my OOT bags into a suitcase w/ other stuff and there were no problems, I just assembled them right away when we got to the resort. No problems w/ airport security or anything like that!

#10 melette

melette
                    • 893 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

Thanks for this thread! i was wondering the same thing! I think what i'll do is disburse suitcases amongst my wedding party. I'll have to remember to keep note of "what" i gave to "whom"!
                      http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users