Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#921 philanab

philanab
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hello, I've been back for about a week from my destination wedding in Punta Cana, I thought I'd share what was used from my OOT bags (actually did OOT travel mugs instead). Our mugs were 22 oz from Discount mugs.com so they fit quite a bit inside.

Used:

the travel mug

SPF chap stick

gum (on the plane for taking off and landing)

Nutrigrain Bars (early flight, not everyone had time to grab breakfast)

Chocolate bars (all inclusive, all you can eat, but sometimes you just want some real chocolate)

pepto bismol chewable tabs

welcome pamphlet - mostly for common spanish phrases

Motrin

TUMs

Emergen-C powdered drink

Not used or not mentioned:

bandaids

propel powdered drink

sanitizing hand wipes

My advice...don't go overboard. Nobody wants to lug around a bunch of stuff on thier vacation.

#922 philanab

philanab
    • 178 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

that is a great idea!!! how many mugs are you packing and what is the weight per mug?

I gave them out in advance to all those that werent travelling in our group; and gave the rest out to our guests the night before our departure. That way everyone can carry thier own on the plane, and make use of the stuff (snacks) during travel.

I'm not sure how much they weighed, but I'm sure it would have been a lot if we chose to ship them to our destination.

#923 kefritz

kefritz
      • Banned
      • 89 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

so glad i found this

#924 julienelson0713

julienelson0713
        • 201 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 6, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace
        • LocationEdmonton

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

What a good idea to do this list! :)

#925 KDoyle

KDoyle
        • 218 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Here are our double walled tumblers we did for our OOT bags --so happy the way they turned out! Just making up the labels for the "Oh Shit " "Hangover" and "snack attack" kits and then will post them...I am sooo excited doing these!!!! 

#926 KDoyle

KDoyle
          • 218 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

..and doubly excited about my OOT Bags that finally came in!!! I feel like it's Christmas every day getting delivery packages LOL ... Here are the OOT Bags I ordered for the single guys --the one with the palm tree and the ladies or couples is the Hibiscus flowers...The ones that are two tone with the black are for my Bridesmaids and Mom...I was really pleased with the quality ...the only problem is that with over 30 of them they are HEAVY!!! OMG, I have to weigh all themto see if I can cart them to Jamaica or if I am going to have to give them out beforehand....lol

#927 Marymack

Marymack
            • 414 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hi KDoyle!!! Where did you order the bags from? I like them....

..and doubly excited about my OOT Bags that finally came in!!! I feel like it's Christmas every day getting delivery packages LOL ... Here are the OOT Bags I ordered for the single guys --the one with the palm tree and the ladies or couples is the Hibiscus flowers...The ones that are two tone with the black are for my Bridesmaids and Mom...I was really pleased with the quality ...the only problem is that with over 30 of them they are HEAVY!!! OMG, I have to weigh all themto see if I can cart them to Jamaica or if I am going to have to give them out beforehand....lol

#928 Jess878

Jess878
              • 215 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Kdoyle - where did you get your labels for your tumblers? Are they waterproof? Thanks.

#929 MRSPWILSON

MRSPWILSON
                • Site Supporter
                • 74 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jess878 

Kdoyle - where did you get your labels for your tumblers? Are they waterproof? Thanks.

I got waterproof labels for my tumblers from Etsy supplier davet designs. I love them!

#930 MRSPWILSON

MRSPWILSON
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 74 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users