• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#421 whitni

whitni
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jess
    wow! well that is absolutely different if you are paying for everyone - you guys are very nice!

Unfortunately we knew it was the only way some of them could go and we didn't feel like it was fair to pay for some and not the others.

Plus the way I figure if we had a big wedding here we probably would have paid about the same amount. Heck maybe even more.

#422 jetsbride

jetsbride
    • 794 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

I had previously sent out STD's in January but I am planning on sending the invites in early July and making the RSVP deadline mid-August. In my case it doesn't seem like many people are booking from just the STD or the website info, I think they are waiting for the formal invite because lots of people who said they are coming for sure have yet to book...I just want everyone to book asap!

#423 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

Whitni that is very generous of you and shows what a big heart you have!!! Your FI is a very lucky man!

#424 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

On the subject of getting people to book- I sent out one email saying there was an airline sale, and a second one reminding everyone of the 4/1 deadline and I had 42 people book in one week.

#425 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
          • 856 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

I was so excited to sign on today and see my tickerNovember 14th ladies, we have exactly 6 months until we say I Do!!!

It's also been a great mail week. I got my welcome dinner dress, a coverup from Victoria Secret. Postcards, business cards and oversized postcards from Vistaprint. I will post pictures this weekend.

#426 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
            • 343 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

Jamaicabride09, we're date twins! I was so excited today to tell everyone that I only had 6 months to go:) We got engaged at the end of September last year and the time has really flown by. But I had a dream last night that I was headed to Mexico for the wedding and I was upset because I didn't have everything done. I really don't have much left to do. I just need to get more stuff for the OOT bags but I can't really do that yet since I don't have a final count. We bought FI clothes last weekend and decided on the BM dresses as well. So now I don't think I have any big items left still to do. It feels so good!
              6 more months until we become Mrs!!!

#427 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

yes, booking deadlines for the hotel make people book very quickly I realized

#428 JOSIE

JOSIE
                • 1,792 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

42 booked in a week - that is insane!!!!!!!!!! congrats

#429 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

Well I only have 47, so basicallly they all waited till the last day then my TA was totally overloaded and had to extend the deadline with the resort.

Our fam and friends are total slackers!! LOL

#430 NaM

NaM
                    • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

Man, 42 in one day is a lot! We have our rooms on hold until October so no one is in a rush to book/pay either. Some people have written and said they got their flights but are holding on the hotel since it is being held. Got our whole bridal party (14 people!) and parents book though. It will be here before we know it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users