Photo

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#151 Mastistyle

Mastistyle
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

Forgive me if I am being repetitive…I am catching up on the board…

Congrats to all Nov 2009 brides!

I am getting married in Negril Jamaica November 20, 2009 at Moon Dance Cliffs…

I am so far behind, especially when I read all of your posts…

I have
    1.Set a date
    2.Reserved the place

Yikes!
    We aren’t having a bridal party-so no BM of GM. I know what I am wearing but will need to make some adjustments). But I need to get something for the reception. I haven’t done STD, a website, picked a photographer, florist, etc… I was just happy to get a date set and a place picked!

Beachbride-we are date twins!
    Koolata-where are you getting married?
    Jamaicabride09-are you getting all of your vendors through the resort?

#152 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
    • 856 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mastistyle
      Forgive me if I am being repetitive…I am catching up on the board…

Congrats to all Nov 2009 brides!

I am getting married in Negril Jamaica November 20, 2009 at Moon Dance Cliffs…

I am so far behind, especially when I read all of your posts…

I have
      1.Set a date
      2.Reserved the place

Yikes!
      We aren’t having a bridal party-so no BM of GM. I know what I am wearing but will need to make some adjustments). But I need to get something for the reception. I haven’t done STD, a website, picked a photographer, florist, etc… I was just happy to get a date set and a place picked!

Beachbride-we are date twins!
      Koolata-where are you getting married?
      Jamaicabride09-are you getting all of your vendors through the resort?
      Yes, we are getting our DJ and Photographer through the resort. Sandals does not allow outside vendors. Howver, I ordered my flowers from Angels Accents and I am bringing them down.

Don't worry...it will all come together. We have been enagaged for a year so I have had extra time to work on things.

Happy Planning!

#153 jmb0902

jmb0902
      • 496 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hoosierfan
        Hi ladies,

I'm getting similiar grief for having ours the week before Thanksgiving (especially for those who travel for Tgiving). But what can you do? I tell guests we are trying to avoid Hurricane Season AND November is considered a timeframe with better hotel/airfare rates to Mexico!

I have a wedding Memorial Day AND Labor Day weekend this year and I've yet to complain. Maybe I will start! :)
        WOW I can't believe even you are hearing about it! I guess it's true, you can't make everyone happy. And it's very true, ppl choose times around holidays often. Maybe I should switch min to Christmas and see how they like it... haha :)

#154 saltocoach

saltocoach
        • 235 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Hey ladies.... I'm wondering if you have started to plan out your wedding day timeline? I have a time line in mind but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. Keeping in mind that the sun sets at about 5:45pm what does your timeline look like?

#155 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jmb0902
            Sounds like a plan to me! Everyone is just now getting over that we want a wedding in Mexico - now I throw a holiday wedding on them! Oh well! :) Do you have a bunch of ppl confirmed already? I'm just in the beginning stages (I just got my confirmation the other day)... I feel so behind!
            yes more than expected! 30 people have booked their flight and hotel already...we were expecting about 75 total but I have a feeling it may be more like 100 people....I hope not any more than that!!

#156 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

saltocoach - I'm having an issue right now with my times because we are getting married in a Catholic Church and the only time they have available is 1:30PM! eekk so we don't know what to do - we want the reception at night so I guess we will just have to have a break in between...fi doesn't think it is a big deal but I just wish they had a 4pm available to make my life easier!

I think for beach in Cabo I would do about 5:00? I guess it depends how long you want your ceremony to be.

#157 jmb0902

jmb0902
              • 496 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jess
                yes more than expected! 30 people have booked their flight and hotel already...we were expecting about 75 total but I have a feeling it may be more like 100 people....I hope not any more than that!!
                WOW Jess! When did you send out your invites? Or was it just STD's??

#158 Jess

Jess
                • 4,455 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

i just sent out STD's last week! It's crazy I know...

#159 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by saltocoach
                    Hey ladies.... I'm wondering if you have started to plan out your wedding day timeline? I have a time line in mind but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. Keeping in mind that the sun sets at about 5:45pm what does your timeline look like?
                    I have my ceremony planned to start at 4:00pm in Cabo, with Cocktail hour from 4:30-5:30 and we will be taking photos at this time with our photgrapher. He suggested starting the ceremony aty 4 or 4:30 for the best photographs.

I also found this thread helpful:
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33544

#160 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
                    • 341 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Erika J
                      I have my ceremony planned to start at 4:00pm in Cabo, with Cocktail hour from 4:30-5:30 and we will be taking photos at this time with our photgrapher. He suggested starting the ceremony aty 4 or 4:30 for the best photographs.

I also found this thread helpful:
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33544
                      I'm on the other side of Mexico, but we're doing a 4pm ceremony (sunset is at 5:08pm - thank goodness for the internet!). I guess it also depends on how you want to do photos. I'm planning to do bride/bridesmaid and groom/groomsman photos before the ceremony and save all the "big group" photos until afterward (which gives us about an hour or so, but I'm not doing a ton of "family" photos). Our cocktail hour will be from 4:45 to 6 with dinner at 6pm, reception til 10.
                      http://www.whenismyw....a87ad6d9f7.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users