Photo

Black wedding envelopes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cancunbride

cancunbride
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

I just received my wedding invitations and the envelopes are black. How am I suppose to address them? I think putting a white label will look tacky...help!!

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

I just read this blog. Might be helpful to you

Design*Sponge Blog Archive diy wedding idea: faux-fancy handwriting
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

Use silver (or gold) sharpie markers! They show up very well on dark envelopes and at $2.50 each they will probably cost less than the labels would.

Only catch is that you'll have to hand-write them. But they will look better than using labels.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
      • 1,681 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Yes, I say use silver or gold fine tipped paint pens. They sell them at any craft store. I used gold on chocolate brown envelopes for my Christmas cards. Good luck girl

#5 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

can you not print on them? then you could use silver or white!

#6 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

I would have said a silver pen 2

BTW you around on the 15th lol might need you as a witness every fecker is dropping out of the wedding lol and FMIL IS NOT being a witness lol

#7 cancunbride

cancunbride
            • 531 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hartyt509
              I would have said a silver pen 2

BTW you around on the 15th lol might need you as a witness every fecker is dropping out of the wedding lol and FMIL IS NOT being a witness lol

omg ru serious? I would be honored. Like I said before we need to get together for a drink or two before the celebrations commence

#8 cancunbride

cancunbride
              • 531 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

thank you everyone, Im on a mission now to go and find those pens. I have a huge toothe ache and I need to get on these envelopes asap..

#9 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

Another option, if you have a lot of invites : you can design some labels on word, and use mail merge to create all your labels. If you have never used this function, don't freak out it's very easy. If you have your list of people on excel or word, you need to separate their name, first line of address, second line, city+zip in different columns (I had to domore because I have European guests, but word even deals with the address format so you see - I just had to separate city and zip).

Then you can design labels with a background that is not white - can be any color, the colors of your wedding... can be pics or drawing, or just a background in color... it will print out on white labels that will not be white any longer ! You can even create black labels ! I did this for our labels - they are with bamboo trees in the background, so they are all tropical forest green. It worked very well. I can post templates when I'm back home (I've been in the office all wek-end ! Books closing period )

#10 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                  • 2,262 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cancunbride
                    omg ru serious? I would be honored. Like I said before we need to get together for a drink or two before the celebrations commence
                    Totally cause there is no way in hell FMIL is getting on that wedding cert lol One of my good friends is not arriving until the 14th so probs have a night out on the 16th if you are still around you are more than welcome lol we'll talk really slowly so you can understand us lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users