Photo

Tanlines.. Anyone else concerned with this?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 soccergurl3

soccergurl3
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

Just go tanning in tanning beds before and get super dark then you won't get any lines...or you could wear a halter top swimsuit one day, strapless the next and a regular bra bikini the next, this will help with the lines!

#22 NickiLynn1116

NickiLynn1116
    • 186 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Love the idea of switching up different style bathing suits everyday to lessen risk of tan lines

#23 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I figure I won't be the first or last bride with tan lines or a burn. I will sunscreen it up so not to be crispy but am not going to lose aleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#24 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
    • 286 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
    • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

purchased suit tops with thinner straps if any so hopefully that will help and I will remember to tuck them in when laying down hopefully. Not really sure how much time I will have to soak up the sun before the ceremony anyway with the welcome events, rehearsal, etc. Not worried about AHR since its about a month after we come back.

#25 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

I'll be wearing all my strapless bathing suits on the days leading up to the wedding and staying in the shade. I'm not big on suntanning anyway because I get really hot and can't stand it. I also burn pretty quickly so win win situation :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

event.png

#26 spjwedding

spjwedding
    • 157 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 6, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Zama Beach Club
    • LocationIsla Mujeres, Mexico

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Um yes. Bought a couple of rash guards to prevent them before the sweetheart neckline. that and topless is ok on Isla in case a i need a "touch up" haha 

#27 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Um yes. Bought a couple of rash guards to prevent them before the sweetheart neckline. that and topless is ok on Isla in case a i need a "touch up" haha 

What is a rash guard?

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#28 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

@calgarybride2015 lol that's funny I had to google it too. It's one of those shirts with SPF protection that people wear when they go surfing so they don't get rashes from the board. I didn't realize that's what it was called. My fiance gave me one a few months ago with SPF 50 haha. It's mainly for when we go snorkeling because it's just so easy to burn when you are hours on end in the water and not reapplying sunscreen (I've been there, done that). 

event.png

#29 KAT2015

KAT2015
    • 115 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Calgary, AB, Canada
    • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Funny I was just thinking about this!

I tend to always tan before I go south (bad, I know).  I find I don't burn as easily.  I also recently discovered I have a bit of a skin condition (PMLE if you've heard of it) so I break out in rashes when I am in UV rays too long.  It helps condition me to the sun  - that and a super amazing cream I ordered with sunblock keeps the rash at bay.

However, I tanned before I went to Mexico this year and still got tanlines on the beach so I'll be a)more careful with my sun exposure and B) will buy one or two more strapless bandeaus for the beach (I'm small up top so no worries).

#30 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Funny I was just thinking about this!

I tend to always tan before I go south (bad, I know).  I find I don't burn as easily.  I also recently discovered I have a bit of a skin condition (PMLE if you've heard of it) so I break out in rashes when I am in UV rays too long.  It helps condition me to the sun  - that and a super amazing cream I ordered with sunblock keeps the rash at bay.

However, I tanned before I went to Mexico this year and still got tanlines on the beach so I'll be a)more careful with my sun exposure and B) will buy one or two more strapless bandeaus for the beach (I'm small up top so no worries).

I heard that tanning does help with burning so I'm definitely going to try it. Where do you find PMLE? 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users