Photo

Tanlines.. Anyone else concerned with this?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

Ok.. going to mexico getting married in a strapless dress.. spend a week being stressed over not getting tanlines prior to the WD 6 days into the vacation...

ok.. I can deal with that... but my stress is the next 8 days of my vacation... STILL worrying about tanlines because of me AHR...

1. will a tanning bed even it out (ie strap lines from bikini) if not too bad..

2. anyone recommend a good self tanner for evening it out??

I'm not tiny but small enough (size to wear a biniki but need to hold these C cup girls up.. I need straps...

Other than being aware of the straplines and undoing the straps when possible to even out the tan.. is there any suggestions

#2 CaboPhotographer

CaboPhotographer
    • 75 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Tan lines will show up in your pics. Tanning beds might help somewhat, but I'd try alternative options.
      I've used Dove Energy Glow self-tanner with success. You will start to see pretty good results after the 3rd day. This should give you enough time before your wedding to see if it will work for you.
      Another option is to find a make-up artist that uses airbrushing techniques. This works really well!

Good Luck!

#3 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
      • 256 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

I actually just bought a really good strapless (bandeau top) bikini. I am definitely not tiny in that area but found a really good one that holds me in really well. I love it and now I won't have to worry about tan lines at all!
        Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
        My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#4 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

We did the bad thing and went tanning at the salon for about a month before we left for Maui. I didn't want to worry about the tan lines thing at all.

#5 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
          • 582 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Both tanning beds and spray tan will even out your tan lines. Your best option to even out tan lines though is air brush tanning.

I suggest using a lot of sun screen and wearing a string bikini top to minimize tan lines.

The best self tanner I have used is Lancome. It goes on evenly and the color is natural. Oh, it doesn't smell bad either which is a huge issue with a lot of the other brands on the market!

#6 Ashley0802

Ashley0802
            • 279 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

I have used Estee Lauder Go Tan Sunless Tan Towelettes to cover up tan lines and they work amazing!

#7 DWbride09

DWbride09
              • 171 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

I went out and bought a strapless bikini just for that reason. lol

#8 clmarti1

clmarti1
                • 207 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ryan's girl
                  I actually just bought a really good strapless (bandeau top) bikini. I am definitely not tiny in that area but found a really good one that holds me in really well. I love it and now I won't have to worry about tan lines at all!
                  What brand was the swim suit? I need to start looking for a strapless top. Otherwise, I am staying out of the sun 3 three days before the wedding. I was also looking at going to the tanning beds because last year's tan lines never went away!!!

#9 saraece

saraece
                  • 289 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

I was also worried about this, but I tanned in the beds before and got a nice even tan then used SPF 50 the whole time I was there. No tan lines on my wedding day!
                    Like our first kiss all over again

#10 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
                    • 133 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

hey girls I got a bandeau swim top... I ordered it online from Venus swimwear out of Florida... thankgoodness it came last week as we leave on Friday...

this is what I'm going with.. I guess no tank tops for me.. just swimsuits for the 5 days prior to the wedding.. haha

2 more days :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users