Can I wear this dress???

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Susan101207
    Maybe you've already seen this dress... I don't know if it's your style, but it is the 3/4 you are looking for (the lace overlay dips down longer in the back). I tried this one on and really liked it.

Click the image to open in full size.

A girl who got married the day after I did was wearing that dress - it looked stunning on her!!

#12 soulmates

• 538 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:01 PM

I think you should wear whatever you like.

#13 MERRYME

• 324 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

I think it is a gorgeous dress. You should wear it if it makes you happy.

I think that you should be pretty safe weather wise in Jan. I know you have not descided where you are getting married but ... Cabo, PV, or other locations aren't that hot that time of the year.
        Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
        22nd of December 2006

#14 laura b

laura b
        • 334 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

I completely ignored all of the beach dresses when I picked mine, and it is the biggest poofiest dress ever. Maybe I will be sweating like a hog in July on the beach in Tulum, but dammit, I will feel like a princess!
          Okay, a sweaty princess, but still!

#15 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, I agree with all the girls. You should really wear what ever you want. If you feel happy and comfortable in your dress then you will look amazing! At first I was looking for a beach appropriate dress and then I just bought what I wanted.

#16 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:19 PM

Thanks so much ladies. I think I will try the dress out and see how it looks and how hot it feels (and see what it costs! LOL)
              I did see a pic of that other dress before and thought it was very nice as well! If I can find it at a store in my area I would for sure try it on too!

#17 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:32 PM

I love the dress, very pretty, and I agree you should wear whatever you want. I started out thinking I was going to get a really simple flowy dress, but ended up with a traditional dress, and I love it, its beautiful and how often do you get to wear a wedding dress, you should wear whatever you feel beautiful in, I'm probably going to sweat my butt off, but I don't care!

#18 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

I think the dress is gorgeous! Don't feel like you have to have an informal, or "beachy" dress just because you're getting married on the beach. I bought a beachy dress the first time and ended up buying a second, more formal dress. Do what you want- that's the beauty of a DW!

#19 cfrancesp

• 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:33 PM

I think that I am going to wear a similar dress and I am having a beach wedding too. My view is that I have always been excited about being in a wedding dress, ever since I was little. I love the feel when I put it on and I felt like I wasn't a "special" occasion in some of the other dresses. Therefore, beach wedding or not, I wanted to be in the gown of my choice....

IN OTHER WORDS... Go for it!

#20 starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

Yep I echo everyone else . . . I wanted a simple white dress, started trying on wedding dresses, and chose a corset back wedding dress. I figure I can always wear a simple white dress to a party, but how often can you wear a formal wedding gown somewhere? Hopefully just once...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users