AHH! I really need to vent...(long)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AlmostaSeif

• 90 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

Can I do that here? Should I be on another thread?

I about had a melt down yesterday. I have been working with my wedding coordinator since October to book a videographer. I don't want to put blame on her, but just last week I finally got a link to a videographer that I had liked and we talked about a few months ago. She had been telling me that she will forward his work to me and then wouldn't. I am sure she was swamped. Either way, I decided to email him directly only to find out that he is booked! I couldn't believe it. Why wouldn't she tell me this? Why would she send me the link of a videographer, make me fall in love, and then he isn't even available? Well, we ended up talking on the phone last night and things kinda worked out. Apparently he has associates available to shoot the wedding and he will then edit the video. Should I do that? I am going to ask for a cheaper price, but I don't know....can you tell I am stressed?

My FI's dad called last night and told him (I over heard their conversation while they were on the phone) that I caused problems between him and his wife. We are paying for specific people and because I didn't include her son on the "to be paid" budget I apparently caused a huge fight. AHHHH! I can't make anyone happy.

#2 sstotz

• 298 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

im so sorry to hear about your videographer.. the one i wanted was booked too, so we are just having my brother and his friends videotape and then editing it.

about your FI mom,..she needs to chill. She needs to realize that money doesnt fall from the sky, and if it did then you'd love to pay for everyone. Why doesn't she pay for her son??
      ~Soon to be Shanny May
      June 20th, 2009
      Cabo San Lucas, MX

#3 blondie25

• 87 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

Dont get stressed out. who was the videographer that you wanted to use? Check out Alec and T video they are very good they won the MgM awards 2 years in a raw for the best wedding video in the US.

#4 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
        • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

Hi Michele!

Don't melt down on me. People are going to complain, but remember it's not their day, it's yours. i know it's hard to ignore, but you will be worry free if you ignore the negativitiy.
          Is our WC helping more now?

#5 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

Something will work out soon with a qualifiedphotographer. Good luck!

#6 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

Sorry to hear that, there are many options here!

#7 Kat81

• VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

There is actually a place to write vents in the venting thread.

That sucks about your Fi's stepmom. But really it isn't your responsibility to pay for anyone. They should feel blessed that you are helping out at all. WTF dude?

#8 BachataBride

• Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

If you can get the assoc. for a cheaper price & still have your "dream" videographer edit it then I say go for it.

As for your FMIL...tell her to bite it! LOL
                  Seriously though, you really can't please everyone all of the time. If this is causing a lot of conflict between FI & his family you can explain to her your reasoning for paying for some people. Although, I in no way think you are obligated to. People (even close family) have to realize that this is your wedding, not theirs, or their sons, or aunts, or friends' friend!! I know it's easier said than done, but sometimes you just have to ignore people that try to interfere...or out right tell them to bite it!!!

#9 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

Tell her to go shove her head up her ass!!! Cheek if she wants him there so much she should bloody pay for him. I hate that people always presume and they shouldn't it does my nut in!! lol BTW sorry bad day and no sugar for a week lmao

#10 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I think having an associate shoot it with an edit from the main guy (for a lower price) is a good option - but that is horrible what you're wedding coordinator did! If you have the time, it won't hurt to shop around for others recommended in the forum too to see if they are available.

As for the family drama - I sympathize!! As others said, you can't make everyone happy and it's not your responsibility to pay for ANYONE, so this is particularly unfair. Good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users