Photo

Kissing Game

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 nairay

nairay
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

FI and I are getting married in Mexico - instead of glass clinking, we're giving away maracas for favors. I'm attaching a little tag with a cute poem to shake the maracas to get us to kiss.  I may try to incorporate some type of game to make it a little more interesting though, with these ideas! Thanks for sharing!

#22 MJB3172012

MJB3172012
    • Site Supporter
    • 64 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Ha! Tammy, that's hilarious.  It seems like the clinking is endless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TammyB 

Well, I honestly haven't thought about it. But with only three guests at our wedding if they start clicking their glass I'll take it away from them. lol

March 17, 2012
      Iberostar Bavaro
      Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
      Bride and Groom + 44 guests booked!

#23 aaronlori

aaronlori
      • 159 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

I hate the glass clinking too. I've seen many twists on the kissing game. Here in Newfoundland, Canada the "moose call" is popular, the song with the word love in it, guests kissing and the couple copying it, donations to a charity of the couples choice ( a loonie, toonie, five dollar bill or whatever) get you a kiss and the couple gives the proceeds to charity. I've seen various forms of the trivia game, also telling a funny story about the bride or groom. All much better than clinking in my opinion, lol.  

#24 michelle3

michelle3
        • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I like it when the DJ or MC gets the guests really into it. probably depends on the group and guests though

Michelle

Toronto Wedding Photograher

#25 missmeliss

missmeliss
          • 172 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

these are all great ideas!

November 26th 2011 - Gran Bahai Principe Jamacia
            Booked: 31 Adults + 5 children + Bride and Groom!!!

#26 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

Those are all great ideas!

Originally Posted by aaronlori 

I hate the glass clinking too. I've seen many twists on the kissing game. Here in Newfoundland, Canada the "moose call" is popular, the song with the word love in it, guests kissing and the couple copying it, donations to a charity of the couples choice ( a loonie, toonie, five dollar bill or whatever) get you a kiss and the couple gives the proceeds to charity. I've seen various forms of the trivia game, also telling a funny story about the bride or groom. All much better than clinking in my opinion, lol.  

#27 JenK

JenK
            • 302 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

All of the posts have fabulous ideas! Aaronlori-what is the 'moose call'? I'm from Canada as well (Alberta) and I haven't heard of it but it sounds interesting!

Originally Posted by aaronlori 

#28 Mandy1021

Mandy1021
              • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

My Fiance loves golf (And hockey, if someone has a good idea for that) and wants to incorporate that into a kissing game somehow :P. We found a little mini putt thing you can order. We were thinking if they got the ball in in say two tries or less we would kiss (Or a hole in one if the putting green is really easy). Not really sure how we would know when someone has gotten the ball in in the right amount of shots though because we can't really stand there and watch while every person goes up there.

Any ideas?

#29 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
                • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

we are going to have our guests get up and do some kind of dance for a kiss.

If someone starts clanking on the tableware we are going to have them answer a question, but i'm going to add that if they get it wrong they have to be the one to kiss someone!

Love this thread, thanks for the ideas ladies!

Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

#30 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

ohh good thread!! to be honest i hadn't even thought about the kissing part of the wedding reception!! hahaha.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users