RSVP's

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tiffiney01

Tiffiney01
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

Good Morning
    I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year...I have a question, for your RSVP's how long did you give your guest to respond? I'm not sure what date to put.
    Mr & Mrs Newby

#2 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

We gave people 1 month to make a deposit...

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

I guess it depends on what info your looking for the RSVP to give you. Do you want them to RSVP with a firm confirmation & deposit or do you want an RSVP to assess general interest? KWIM?

We based our RSVP date on when the resort needed the initial deposit. I think the date was a few weeks before the actual deposit was due just to make sure everyone was on time.

#4 purpleshells

purpleshells
        • 338 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

we gave 2 months

#5 super19

super19
          • 1,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

I think 6 weeks to 2 months is plenty of time.

#6 purpleshells

purpleshells
            • 338 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

yep it is...and ppl still dont rsvp anyway......

#7 bholthof

bholthof
              • Banned
              • 323 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:25 PM

We're giving 3 months - because otherwise we're in the middle of Christmas holidays and people might be distracted. So I'm ordering postcards from Vistaprint and we'll send out a reminder in early January.

But we didn't do STD's at all, so some people don't know any details yet. Hence the three months.
                21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#8 isaidyes

isaidyes
                • 269 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:29 PM

We sent the invites out in June and asked for a response by September 1st. We created a wedding website though were we shared the info about our trip with everyone beforehand

#9 JA143

JA143
                  • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hey!

Help - so we have taken all the initial steps with the Travel Agent to secure group booking which is due in about a week. Many are wanting to book 'last minute' for many different reasons. However, I need to plan ahead in order accomdate a certain amount of guests - 3 months before the wedding sounds reasonable, but how do I get this across to my guests prior to the due date for the group booking without sounding rude or pushy?? Nevermind they WILL be paying more in the end and potentially the resort will be sold out....your feed back would be great! Thanks.

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO 

I guess it depends on what info your looking for the RSVP to give you. Do you want them to RSVP with a firm confirmation & deposit or do you want an RSVP to assess general interest? KWIM?

We based our RSVP date on when the resort needed the initial deposit. I think the date was a few weeks before the actual deposit was due just to make sure everyone was on time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users