Sign in to follow this  
cdc0427

Why is finding a dress so hard!!!

Ok, I have been looking for a dress for about three months. I CAN'T FIND ONE!! I'm looking for a dress that's "THE ONE" when I put it on but just haven't found it.girl_werewolf.gif

I did find a dress that I tried on as a joke. Because I'm getting married in Mexico, I thought it would give me a Mexican/Spanish feeling but it may be a little too much for the beach. I really like the dress though Meredith - by Maggie Sottero

I just don't know what style of dress I'm looking for. I don't want it to be too informal because I still want to look like a bride but I don't want it to be too much for a beach destination wedding.

Some of what I thought are below.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY OPINIONS!!!!feedback.gif

Weddings Gowns Gifts, The Knot

Reese - by Maggie Sottero

Meg - by Maggie Sottero

JD1231 - by Maggie Sottero

Hope these sites worksmile41.gif

By the way, Hate to admit this but I am a perspirer (sp?) so I need to think of what I will be the most comfortable in

i LOVE your Meredith style. That is the same type of gown I am looking at. Its so hard to chose, but I love the bunched up look on them. I haven't even had the guts to go try one on yet, because I know its going to be a VERY stressful day! Good luck with ur search!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley0802 View Post
i LOVE your Meredith style. That is the same type of gown I am looking at. Its so hard to chose, but I love the bunched up look on them. I haven't even had the guts to go try one on yet, because I know its going to be a VERY stressful day! Good luck with ur search!
It really is pretty. On the "bunched" up parts, it looks like they are bunched in flowers, up close it's really pretty (I tried it at a trunk show) If you want, I can send you some pictures of it up close. I will also get you some more dresses like that.

I love the Alfred Sung (with the ribbons) That is one of my options as well!! Good look with your search! I am sure you will be a beautiful bride no matter what you decide. Congrats!

I'm partial to the Maggie Sottero "Libby"...it's one of the dresses that I am considering when I finally DO go out and start trying on dresses.

Also, seeing as though it will be hot hot HOT in Cancun...I would go for a lighter weighted material like chiffon so that you will be comfortable.

In the end though, it's what you look GREAT in...from what I've heard, you'll know THE ONE when you have it on.

Happy shopping! Hope you have lots of luck with your search and let us know what you decide on!

I could be wrong, but isnt satin the wrong material to wear if you sweat a lot? I don't know if that is right, but I know that I stayed away from Satin dresses because I knew I'd be sweating and didn't want the stains on my dress. I do love all your dresses, I love the Demetrios dresses! If you want to stick to the spanish feel you could also try San Patrick dresses. St. Patrick - Vestidos y trajes de novia - Wedding dresses and bridal gowns

I don't know what style of dress you prefer. Maybe check out Allure Bridals I like their "Far & Away" line. I tried on a few at a local shop. I was about to order one but after going to David's Bridal I found "THE ONE". Have fun shopping.

I would keep an open mind when you go dress shopping. I really thought I wanted a more beachy dress, i.e. in chiffon or charmeuse with a simple silhouette and not much embellishment. Unfortunately all of those looked awful on me! It turned out that a more structured dress was much more flattering, and I ended up with a slim A-line in silk taffeta.