Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Riviera Maya


  • Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#61 bride2bestl

bride2bestl
  • Newbie
  • 6 posts

    Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

    Just to be clear (which I know I wasn't). I was referring to the payment of a pass, not the payment of the photographer's services. ;-) Sorry about that...
    Khrystal Davis

    #62 Mystic

    Mystic
    • Jr. Member
    • 254 posts

      Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by bride2bestl
      Just to be clear (which I know I wasn't). I was referring to the payment of a pass, not the payment of the photographer's services. ;-) Sorry about that...
      Khrystal Davis
      But did you also have to pay $150 to the resort photographer in addition to the $70 day pass for using an outside photographer? That's apparently what Veronica is telling brides lately.

      #63 hanna

      hanna
      • Jr. Member
      • 223 posts

        Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

        What room rates have people found for this resort? The cheapest we have been able to find was $440/night/2ppl. Has anyone found cheaper? If so, where?

        Thanks!!

        #64 Dayla911

        Dayla911
        • Newbie
        • 133 posts

          Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

          Veronica did say this was a new policy. I am kinda bummed about it. Didn't plan on spending more money on it...

          #65 endlesslove

          endlesslove
          • Jr. Member
          • 362 posts

            Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

            I just contacted Veronica about the fee, and I forwarded the message she sent me about two months ago saying we only had to pay $70 for a day pass. If she suddenly changes what we were told, I'm strongly rethinking the Excellence.

            #66 Mystic

            Mystic
            • Jr. Member
            • 254 posts

              Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

              I've already booked my trip, as have a few of our guests, so I can't back out of the Excellence now, but all the conflicting info and "new policies" are stressing me out. It's disappointing. I have all the emails saved so I can only hope that she honors what she told us from the beginning. :o(

              I'd still like the know their rationale for having couples pay the resort photographer MORE money for NOT using them. They are already getting paid through the wedding package and don't have to provide any services!

              #67 bride2bestl

              bride2bestl
              • Newbie
              • 6 posts

                Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

                We did not pay add'l money to the photographer, just for the day pass. We did not have a package that included the photographer, only the complimentary package. Hope that helps.

                #68 Dayla911

                Dayla911
                • Newbie
                • 133 posts

                  Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by smf47
                  I've already booked my trip, as have a few of our guests, so I can't back out of the Excellence now, but all the conflicting info and "new policies" are stressing me out. It's disappointing. I have all the emails saved so I can only hope that she honors what she told us from the beginning. :o(

                  I'd still like the know their rationale for having couples pay the resort photographer MORE money for NOT using them. They are already getting paid through the wedding package and don't have to provide any services!
                  Same here. But at least it only $150 plus $70. It could be $500 like other resorts. But still.....

                  #69 knmac

                  knmac
                  • Newbie
                  • 9 posts

                    Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

                    I e-mailed Veronica asking her to honor what she told me previously. She did agree to do so.

                    Can someone tell me the difference between a $70 day pass and a $150?

                    #70 Mystic

                    Mystic
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 254 posts

                      Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Dayla911
                      Same here. But at least it only $150 plus $70. It could be $500 like other resorts. But still.....
                      Right, it's not terrible... but it's unfair. I've been getting stressed out in general because lately I've had to remind Veronica of things the told me back in September. We have 7 months left until our wedding so I'm crossing my fingers that there are no major bumps or "policy changes".




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users