• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:16 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BC Bride2be
    Thanks Jen! I get what you are saying, but I have been there for her - for the past two years. I have had long conversations (many) about her life and where it is going, I have supported her 100+% and only hope for the same.. this time for once, its not about her and I wish she would see that, that’s all. Thanks again
    Ugh, I can see how annoying it would be, because it seems like you've been giving and giving to her. But I can also totally see how someone who has been recently divorced would not get super excited about a wedding, even one for someone who has been her personal cheerleader.

I really hope that she perks up for you, but she might not have it in her to be the supportive sister we all think she should be. I think the best you can do is allow ways for her to be included without having expectations that she'll jump at the chance to do wedding-y things. This is a sucky situation, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with it.

#12 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
    • 582 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BC Bride2be
      Thanks Jen! I get what you are saying, but I have been there for her - for the past two years. I have had long conversations (many) about her life and where it is going, I have supported her 100+% and only hope for the same.. this time for once, its not about her and I wish she would see that, that’s all. Thanks again
      She is probably too engrossed in her own self pity and doesn't even realize how negatively she is affecting you by how she is acting. What does she tell you when you ask her about how she feels about being in the wedding? Have you come out point blank and told that you feel like she is not interested because she has been so aloof and it hurts your feelings?

#13 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:17 AM

Having split up with my ex and then attended my friend's wedding about 2 months later i can say from experience its really hard. Saying that I still put on a smile (even if it was false) and went and supported my friend.

If she's being that much of a cow I would tell her face to face. Emails are so impersonal and can be read totally wrong. Then if she is still being a cow tell her you're pulling the funding for her to go lol

#14 Emily&Matt

Emily&Matt
        • 144 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Maybe you should talk to her about this, because something really sounds wrong. Since she doesn't seem interested, maybe she doesn't even want to come but can't think of a way to tell you. Bring it up. Maybe you would save $1800 if she didn't.

#15 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

Have you asked her to help you with anything? Maybe you could ask her to help you go dress shopping. You could make a fun day out of it, go to lunch try on dresses. That might get her in the wedding spirit. She probably has a negative view of weddings right now and that might snap her out of it.

If not you tried to get her involved. You could ask her nicely that if she isnt interested than you could have your mom be the witness since she is interested.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users