Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

I am getting married at the IRHB on Feb. 1, 2012. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the huppa/arch. I have seen pictures of both, do we have a choice or does it just depend on which property you get married at.

 

Also, do they charge extra if you bring some of your own decorations, for them to set them up?

 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info! This is very helpful!

 

Originally Posted by beachbum21 View Post



Hi ladies!

One of the IBRHB brides checked with the coordinator (twice) and confirmed we can release them. Also, other brides have released them at their respective resorts so am assuming they travelled with them without a problem.

Hope that helps!

I intend to release them at my wedding :) Can't wait! It's going to be so pretty!


Also - there is a separate thread on sky lanterns which includes a lot of info on where to get them, etc....

 

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey!! i am getting married on at the IRHB on the 23rd! :) I am not too sure about the huppa vs. the arch.. i do know tht they will set up your decorations free of charge, you just need to tell them how you want it done etc... I am also curious about the Huppa vs. the arch :)  You should join the sisterhood of the travelling starfish!! :) there was a post on it in a prevcious thread but has since moved to facebook.. it is brides on here.. who are starting a cool thing of passing along a starfish bouquet charm.. from bride to bride :)  something to look at anyway if you are interested!
 

Originally Posted by leslioni View Post

I am getting married at the IRHB on Feb. 1, 2012. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the huppa/arch. I have seen pictures of both, do we have a choice or does it just depend on which property you get married at.

 

Also, do they charge extra if you bring some of your own decorations, for them to set them up?

 

Thanks!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



THANKS so much for posting that you got approval.  i sent a note to Silvia and have yet to hear from her...she's usually very responsive so i'm wondering WTH?!?

 

R~

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post


I am getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and i confirmed withn them that we are able to fly them.. so i am assuming the suites would be the same?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


No worries!!!!

I got the verbal over the phone approval from Silvia, and then an email note saying it shouldn't be a problem from the new WC. Nicole i think her name is?  Yeah i have an email in with them that i have not gotten any response from either... the last time they were not responding, they had lost thier wedding corrdinator... i am hopiong they are just busy.. and that they didn't lose another coordinator lol..
 

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun View Post



THANKS so much for posting that you got approval.  i sent a note to Silvia and have yet to hear from her...she's usually very responsive so i'm wondering WTH?!?

 

R~



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay!! Yeah it is pretty cool! and it is neat knowing when you get to the hotel that you will have a nice starfish charm and a note from the previous bride to pass along.. and then you get to do it for someone else.. i think it is such a neat way to keep us all connected and is so touching! :) i can't wait!!!!

 

Originally Posted by leslioni View Post

I just put in a request to be added to the group!!! That is such a great idea with the starfish!!

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!! I just wanted to add a bit to this. I emailed the WC at the beach to inquire about dance floors on the beach and about providing things to light the sky lanterns..And also asked about the DJ.. but i just wanted to share the response with you.. and hopefully it can put you a bit at ease on the confirmation as to if we are allowed lanterns :)

 

 

Hello Jennifer,

 

Definitely you can have a DJ for the bonfire but we cannot set up a dance floor on the beach, it will be just the sand. We provide the lights, do not worry but it will be a charge for the DJ of $150usd per hour.

About the sky lanterns do not worry, we can provide the tikki torches and lighters.

 

If you need more information, please let me know.

 

Regards,

 

Silvia McNeish

Wedding coordinator

Coordinatora de bodas

 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

 

 

 

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun View Post



THANKS so much for posting that you got approval.  i sent a note to Silvia and have yet to hear from her...she's usually very responsive so i'm wondering WTH?!?

 

R~



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you so much for this information, do you know if we have to rent out the restaurant to have the dancing on the beach? Or can we have the semi-private dinner and then move to the beach to dance?

 

Thanks!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Hey!! I just wanted to add a bit to this. I emailed the WC at the beach to inquire about dance floors on the beach and about providing things to light the sky lanterns..And also asked about the DJ.. but i just wanted to share the response with you.. and hopefully it can put you a bit at ease on the confirmation as to if we are allowed lanterns :)

 

 

Hello Jennifer,

 

Definitely you can have a DJ for the bonfire but we cannot set up a dance floor on the beach, it will be just the sand. We provide the lights, do not worry but it will be a charge for the DJ of $150usd per hour.

About the sky lanterns do not worry, we can provide the tikki torches and lighters.

 

If you need more information, please let me know.

 

Regards,

 

Silvia McNeish

Wedding coordinator

Coordinatora de bodas

 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

 

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So based on Silvia's response to luvmoo and posts from past Suites brides it looks like you can get a dance floor on the beach at the Suites but you can't at the Beach.  That's disappointing :(

 

But it's great to know they will allow the sky lanterns and will even provide lighters for them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×