Photo

10 Budgeting Tips for the Frugal Minded :)

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#431 benmart21

benmart21
  • Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

I don't know if this is considered a tip, but I used a site called http://hospitalityframes.com for my themed favors and they really helped me out. I got custom themed everything at good rate. I also would used alot of local small businesses in my area and they were more flexible with rates. My advice is to tell your potential vendors your budget upfront and that should hall avoid mark up. 

#432 TauruSmith

TauruSmith
    • 198 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 18, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Great tips! It all adds up so fast and it is hard to not just buy stuff whenever I see it.

#433 worstbride

worstbride
    • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'm doing a lot of ebaying for things that I need a lot of.

#434 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
      • 177 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

This is an awesome post!  Although this post started since 2008, I'm sure it has been helping many brides here!  Thank you!!!

#435 TranquilReign

TranquilReign
        • 23 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 6, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Carnival Breeze
        • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

This was a great post. It shall prove to be a huge help. I am an impulse buyer yet I can't help but gloat to my friends that I paid $25 for Guess heels when they spent $100! The only problem I have is the space to keep everything 1 year and a half before the wedding. lol I am doing a lot of DIY projects:STDs,Invitations, Programs. I've found the flower girls dress for like $34.99 online and the bridesmaid dress for $84 online. I am also contemplating on a knock off dress to save some serious dough as the Pronovias dress that I fell in love with is $2700. Thanks for the tip regarding shoes tho. I will definitely look in the winter. But where has everyone gone to score deals on the jewelry?

Charming Charlie's!  They have everything that these bridal shops charge triple the money to buy!  They have clearance sales and B1G1Free on clearance.  It's a great accessories store that is divided by color.  They have purses, bracelets, earrings, etc. 

#436 Billandstina

Billandstina
        • 396 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Can't wait to check out Charming Charlie's now! Thanks for the info everyone!! Very very useful!

#437 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
          • 255 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Just an FYI- I was checking Canadian Tire's website and their Bubba Kegs are half price right now 

#438 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
            • 2,217 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
            • LocationCanada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the tips! my wedding is still not for another 2 years but i'm just looking around seeing what i like and what i need to get. I noticed that you mentioned that you brought your own center pieces. I thought these came included with the DW package. Is that right or am i supposed to bring my own? 

thanks for the help! I'm kind of overwhelmed, thank god i'm starting early! 

event.png

#439 Billandstina

Billandstina
            • 396 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Tinker I think it depends not only on the resort you pick, but the package you pick as well.

#440 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
              • 255 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TinkerSofi 

Thanks for the tips! my wedding is still not for another 2 years but i'm just looking around seeing what i like and what i need to get. I noticed that you mentioned that you brought your own center pieces. I thought these came included with the DW package. Is that right or am i supposed to bring my own? 

thanks for the help! I'm kind of overwhelmed, thank god i'm starting early! 

It depends on what resort you pick but my understanding is that most resorts charge for each centre piece. Some resorts have a decorations package that you can chose but again there is a charge associated with that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users