Photo

Your Fiance....

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Peach

Peach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

I dunno.... I want him to like the dress but I want him to be surprised, and he is opinionated.... not one of those, "whatever you choose you will look gorgeous in" types.... maybe show him a few, get his opinions, then kick him out? Or take him separately first to try out some styles really early, months before I start shopping....?

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

I was watching say yes to the dress and the women working in the dress shops said the worst people to come are the grooms and they hate it!! And do you really want him to see you beforehand?

#32 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
    • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:55 AM

Second suggestion sounds great!!

Originally Posted by Peach 

I dunno.... I want him to like the dress but I want him to be surprised, and he is opinionated.... not one of those, "whatever you choose you will look gorgeous in" types.... maybe show him a few, get his opinions, then kick him out? Or take him separately first to try out some styles really early, months before I start shopping....?

#33 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, this is actually one of the things that stresses me out the most... He knows what looks good on me, but is stuck on the idea of me wearing a short dress, and I am really not sold on it... so maybe if he sees other styles that will help too.

#34 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

I do like the short dresses and believe me my wedding is nothing close to your typical wedding but I think a wedding dress should be long with tradition!! Just in my own opinion!!

Yeah, this is actually one of the things that stresses me out the most... He knows what looks good on me, but is stuck on the idea of me wearing a short dress, and I am really not sold on it... so maybe if he sees other styles that will help too.

#35 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, my thoughts are just, when else will I get to wear a long flowy dress? But I DO really like that he wants to be involved...

#36 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, I am kinda jealous my FI wants nothing to do with it!! He says he is being nice by letting me pick everything hahahaha what a save he came up with!

Yeah, my thoughts are just, when else will I get to wear a long flowy dress? But I DO really like that he wants to be involved...

#37 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

lol All I can remember is this one episode of That 70s Show (I think) where Eric picks the ugliest stuff he can find just so Donna quits asking him to help... lol :)

#38 amberah19

amberah19
                • Site Supporter
                • 104 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

I have been lucky enough to have a really involved fiance...but I think a lot of that is because my mom/sisters/family aren't around to help and do things with me and he doesn't want me to feel like I am doing it alone. He is just an all around great  guys to though, so that could be part of it :)

#39 kellykanester

kellykanester
                  • 236 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

Mine is really not that involved either. As long as he gets to pick out the suits he is fine with the rest. I will however get him to help in making our passport invites and involve him whether he likes it or not ;)

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#40 AllieH

AllieH
                    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                    • 2,014 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

I was emailing with our (potential) photographer today, and said I'd need to run all of this by my FI. Then I told her that I expected the typical groom response of "whatever makes you happy". She said that's what she usually hears from her brides!!! 

Ah well, at least mine is somewhat typical. I try to solicit his opinion here and there, and he'll offer one (as long as I'm truly open to his opinion). 

For instance, I asked him if there was any part of the "traditional" wedding ceremony/reception that were important to him to keep in - meaning things like the garter toss, toasts, whatever. His response was "the part where they say 'you may now kiss the bride'". Kind of hard for me to argue with that one. 

Then he got upset when I said I wanted to be included when he picks out his suit.... argh! He wanted brown...and I want him in grey (I hate brown!). Boys..silly creatures sometimes. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users