Photo

What great/ridiculous product have you bought off an infomercial?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 aimee!

aimee!
  • 696 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:19 PM

Abbie, how do those glass bulbs work? that one sucks me in every time!!
    Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#42 Dana_C

Dana_C
    • 348 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:44 PM

So, I think I may have an infommercial problem, lol. I've bought

1) Barry's bootcamp workouts (only used twice since october)

2) Debbie's green bags- these are actually pretty good...

3) ab roller- it was a piece of crap

4) windsor pilates- did it once

5) proactiv- I actually loved proactiv but now i'm trsing skinid by neutrogena (another infommercial)

6) murad face wash- didn't like it

...wow, now I see why FI gets so mad!

i've also always wanted to buy one of those CD collections with like 5,000 songs, but I guess now I won't do that!

#43 KLC77

KLC77
      • 2,207 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:50 AM

Ok, its 2:45am and I'm about to order Sheer Cover. I should just change the channel, but its only $29.95! Ugh! Bad. Bad. Bad.
        ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#44 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:05 AM

There are so many things I have wanted to buy, but because shipping to Canada sucks, I never do. I did get the chopper years ago because I hate cutting onions, it SUCKED!! On the commercial it chopped ice, I used it once here on onions and the thing broke, so it was a total waste.

They sell the Sham Wow at the As Seen on TV Store and I might try that out. My sister and mom have the H2O mom and think its the best thing ever, in fact I think my mom is getting me one for Christmas. My mom also bought the pedi paws from Pet Smart and she loves them. She has a boxer and Cleo sits there the whole time and lets my mom cut her nails, she never did that before, so my mom loves it.

#45 aimee

aimee
          • 1,662 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NJ_bride
            I didn't buy it from an infomercial but I saw it there and got it as a gift...The Foodsaver! It is awesome, I totally recommend it!
            The food saver is amazing! I can't believe how long my bananas last.

I'm a sucker for infomercials, it's a good thing my husband is able to control me otherwise I'd probably be doing my Hip Hop Abs while wearing a Snuggli. LOL.

#46 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

I haven't bought this yet, but I really want one of those Snuggie things. It's just a huge blanket with a hole in it for your head. I'm always cold and have to have a blanket on me at all times... Talk about perfect!!!

#47 MarieSam

MarieSam
              • VIP Member
              • 2,336 posts
                • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KLC77
                Ok, its 2:45am and I'm about to order Sheer Cover. I should just change the channel, but its only $29.95! Ugh! Bad. Bad. Bad.
                Hahaha, the late nights always get me too! So tell me did you give in, and will you be sheer cover fabulous in just 2 to 3 weeks?
                I'm a sucker for infomercials, it's a good thing my husband is able to control me otherwise I'd probably be doing my Hip Hop Abs while wearing a Snuggli. LOL.
                That image has me crackin up

#48 KLC77

KLC77
                • 2,207 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MarieSam
                  Hahaha, the late nights always get me too! So tell me did you give in, and will you be sheer cover fabulous in just 2 to 3 weeks?
                  I resisted! Ha, I checked it out on their website and didn't want to join the monthly club thing and give my cc. If it was a one time purchase that I didn't have to cancel after I probably would've done it!
                  ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#49 missdanelle

missdanelle
                  • 687 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

I love love love P90x!!! worth every penny. It kicks your butt though.. seriously! I would reccomend it to anyone.

I did see that food processor the other day that i wanted to try.. the infa red thingy? Mr T was promoting it! Anyone know about that?

#50 aimee!

aimee!
                    • 696 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:33 AM

i am laughing so hard over here!! i just saw an infomercial for the SLAP CHOP. but the best part about it was that it was by the sham-wow guy!! and he had the little microphone attached to his head. the first thing i thought of was this thread. hahah. thank goodness i have you guys to keep the infomercial entertainment at an all time high.

very funny.

"it's made in germany, you know the germans make good stuff!"
                      Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users