Photo

What great/ridiculous product have you bought off an infomercial?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:10 AM

Late Sunday night I inexplicably ended up watching two informercials in a row ~ ok truthfully I just didn't feel getting off my ass to find my remote . Anyhow, I became totally immersed in the overly excited sales pitch, was in awe of these two products and so close to buying stuff I totally don't "need" and woulda been out about $230 ~ yikes!! But thankfully I googled the product reviews, read the hype, and kept myself from getting suckered into calling and ordering "IN THE NEXT 19 MINUTES!!!"

So out of curiosity, after watching an infomercial.......

1) What great product(s) have you bought?
    2) What horrible product(s) have you bought?
    3) What product(s) are you tempted to buy, but just not sure it's worth it?

I'll go first . . . .

1) The Suzanne Sommers' Thigh Master ~ I had great thighs for about a month then I lost the damn thing, hehehe.

2) A terrible ceramic flat iron that left me with nappy hair and split ends everytime I used it.

3) Some of the products I saw on Sunday night ~ has anyone bought these?:
    - the "Shamwow" -- good lord it cleans up everything!!!
    - the "Kodak ESP-7 All-in-one printer" -- I hate getting gouged by printer ink prices!!
    - oh yeah and this makeup airbrush system -- the girls look so pretty after using it, but I have a funny feeling I'd end up looking like a fool if I tried

#2 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
    • 1,681 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:01 AM

I haven't bought anything, but the Snuggie infomercial drives me nuts....It looks soooo weird!!!

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

I want the Sham-WOW too!!! It looks incredible!!

My mom just recently bought me (and my dog) a dog training video & equipment (leash,collar,etc). The trainer is called the Dog Father!! I hope it works...but who knows with these kookie infomercials!

Oh...and I want the Pedi-Pet. It's supposed to grind down the pets nails and it has some type of de-shedding brush thingy!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

Matt just bought the Shamwow thing at Bed Bath and Beyond. At least I think it's the same thing. He loves it.

I wanted to but P90x from an infomercial. But I bought Power Half Hour instead after doing some research. Have yet to start it.

I forget what they are called, but the tubberware that all has the same size lids. I bought that. It's a great idea, but was so super cheap I threw it away.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

i totally want the shamwow. it looks awesome.

i bought a food dehysrator years ago and don't know where it is but want another one. it made the best beef jerky and fruits rolls...yummy!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

I bought Nads Hair Removel system years ago. A friend and I were drunk in college and thought it would be funny. It wasn't any better than regular Sally Hansen wax you get at Walgreens.

We just bought the Pedi-Pet from Petsmart but have yet to try it out.

My mom had a food dehydrator years ago I loved it! We would always make apple chips.

I am intrigued by the Debbie Someone Green Bags...

Mike got the Perfect Push Up through his rewards points at work.

Apparently I have a bunch of "ass seen on TV" stuff but I have only ordered the Nads everything else came from the store.

Occasionaly I am tempted to order the CD collections like Monster Ballads or the #1 hits of the 1970's but never do. LOL

#7 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
            • 361 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

I too bought the same size lid Tupperware thing- TOTAL piece of CRAP!!!

The Pedi-Paws thingie looks cool and the green bags REALLY WORK!!!

#8 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

I bought bare minerals off an infomercial. I also bought this massage chair from Ijoy. It looked so cool. When I got it, it was ripped and it hurt my back really bad so I just sent it back. I was watching an infomercial the other night for a steammop. I can't remember what it was called, but it looked so cool! And for 3 easy payments of 33.35 it could have been mine... sigh

#9 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

A few years back, I bought this ab work out thing. It was like a huge belt that you go around your stomach and it would release a bunch of shocks, that were supposed to simulate a work out. But the shocks hurt like a Beotch.
                  Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

Oh Erin...Can you let me know how the Pedi-Paws works?? I saw it at PetSmart too!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users