Photo

Help from San Fransisco or any Canadian girls!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:03 AM

Hey girls so I posted a thread before

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33110

but I'm REALLY REALLY wanting some Victoria Bitter for Christmas. I will definitely pay for the beer, the shipping and if you need gas money, or anything I will pay extra!

I know Cellar 360 in San Fransisco has it, but their license restricts them from shipping the Victoria Bitter. They said that you would have to come down there and pick it up.

i also know its sold in Canada, Molson distributes it.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and I'd forever in debt to you, anything you ever needed!

#2 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
    • 315 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:08 AM

i just checked the Cellars 360 site and couldnt see the Victoria Bitter.

#3 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
      • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:48 AM

it's the only beer they sell and it's not listed on their site, you have to go down there to get it. They don't list it cause they can't ship it. It's the only place in the US to sell it.

Victoria Bitter

They said that you actually have to be there to purchase it, etc. They have alot of regulations w/ it, it may be easier if one of the canadian girls could get it for me.

#4 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
        • 985 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

The sale of alcohol is regulated in Ontario. So I checked Welcome to The Beer Store: The Ultimate Source for Beer in Ontario and here LCBO | Holiday 2008 and I don't see it. Is it possible it is relabeled and called something else?

#5 shellb

shellb
          • 533 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

I checked our liquor store the other day when we went to get some wine and the provincial liquor store web site today and didn't see it. So I think we don't carry it here in Nova Scotia. I am assuming stores maybe Ontario or somewhere in Western Canada might have it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

#6 Duchess

Duchess
            • 358 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

I go to San Fran periodically, but probably not till January. Sorry! Otherwise I totally would!

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

I don't know about Eastern Canada much. I know that Molson distributes it so I'm assuming Toronto would have it somewhere. And I know Vancouver does. I will look for some exact places.

#8 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
                • 985 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:56 PM

I've looked on the web and I can't find it for sale in Toronto. I'm not sure that even if you can find it for sale that we can ship it to you. According to the Canada Post website you can only ship alcohol under specific circumstances Canada Post - Non-mailable Matter Wonder what the rules are regarding shipping alcohol into the US?

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

I'll look for you and see if I can find it around here! :)

#10 Chiquita

Chiquita
                    • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

Okay so I found cans (not bottles) of Victoria Bitter at my liquor store close to home here. However I asked the manager there if I could export them to the USA and he didn't seem to think I would be able to do that.

They were 2.60 a can and my store had 12 of them. I know Canada is strict about how alcohol is brought into the country so has anyone had experience in shipping alcohol? I'm willing to try it but just don't know if it would actually get to you.. heh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users