What should I do next?
Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:00 AM
So far I have done the following:
* booked the venue (ceremony & reception--same place)
* chosen the menu and bar
* emailed the website to guests
* booked the DJ (songs for specific events to be chosen)
* booked the photographer
* secured a vocalist for the ceremony (song to be chosen)
* chosen the florist...but haven't decided on specific bouquets, table arrangements, and decor
* bought my dress
* mailed invitations
* welcome bags/baskets for guests in hotel
* newsletter/itinerary w/ luggage tags
* seating chart
* place cards & table #s
* buy accessories (shoes, jewelry, hair combs, guest book w/ pen)
Yikes--I'm overwhelmed!! Can someone please tell me if I'm missing anything and what I should be concentrating on that needs to get done next?
Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:23 AM
- newsletter/itinerary w/ luggage tags (if you plan to send these out before you go)
- buy accessories (shoes, jewelry, hair combs, guest book w/ pen)
- welcome bags/baskets for guests in hotel
- seating chart
- place cards & table #s
I went and opened my 150 line to-do list and here are a few things I didn't see on yours:
- Purchase wedding rings
- Book photographer/videographer
- Arrange transportation to/from airport
- Purchase Unity Candle or Sand Ceremony Container
- Purchase/Make memorial candles or picture frames (if this applies)
You are doing great and won't have a problem getting everything done. Hope this helps, Carla
Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:01 PM
I think what you need to prioritize depends on how many guests you have.
For instance, if you have lots of guests, you may want to make sure you get your seating chart in order.
Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:31 PM
I agree completely with Carla's priorities too.
Happy planning - and, no worries... you'll get it all done!
Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:45 AM
I haven't decided on the unity candle idea yet... But thanks for also reminding me about the memorial candle and picture frame for my FI's sister who passed.
Ok, so maybe I'm breathing again now. Hehehe. You all rock!!
Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:48 AM
Wedding Cake (I don't know if you have this set w/ resort or what, but just needs to
Accessories purchased (don't leave anything to buy til last minute, cause you may not
actually get it purchased)
Book rehearsal location and start working on preparing (unless you have someone
doing this all for you)
Book hair and makeup
Dress should be fitted
Put together ceremony programs
Get pre-wedding haircut
The next few are done w/in 2-3 weeks before your wedding
Start working on Table assignment, numbers, and placecards
Confirm final guest count
Adjust table assignment accordingly
The last two must be done 1-2 weeks before your wedding
Have final fitting if needed
Then you are all set! That will actually lead you up to the day before when you should get your mani/pedi and RELAX for your bid day!
Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:36 AM
* Wedding Cake (just need to meet w/ her about how she's decorating it)
* Ceremony Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner booked (just don' thave anyone preparing the actual rehearsal...need to speak w/ the venue coordinator to see if she'll take this on)
* Hair & makeup artist booked (just need to do "dry run" and nail down price on upcoming site visit)
* Bought gown off the rack and it fits perfectly, just needs hemming to be done in mid-Dec)
Ok so maybe I'm not doing as badly as I thought.... whew!! :-)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users