Photo

Grand Riviera Princess & Grand Sunset Princess

• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#261 kowaln85

kowaln85
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

We have approximately 24 people including us and were told by Mara if we want it at the Thai Beach that we have to pay for 40 people...so an extra $1600! Anyone have any advice about other restaurants to have it at. Our weddings on May 12th...so it's coming up pretty quickly. Did anyone order their flowers from other florists in the area? I'd appreciate any input since I have not ate at any of the restaurants before. Thanks!

#262 ChristaMichelle

ChristaMichelle
    • Site Supporter
    • 24 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

I was wondering if anyone has any photo's of the Gala Reception areas. I have received a couple from the resort but they are very basic and they don't show much of a set up. I am still trying to choose between the beach reception, the thai beach reception, and a gala reception. I think we will have about 50 people attending.

Any pictures of the a la carte set ups would be great as well, just in case. As well as any photo's of the area in the lobby where most people hold their first dance. Like I said, I am still weighing out my options. 

#263 ripemango

ripemango
      • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if any of you guys still have the wedding packages and list of extras including private reception options from the wedding coordinator there. I've emailed several times and yet no reply. If you could send it to my email please: k_morales84@hotmail.com Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you so much!

#264 VancityBride

VancityBride
        • 152 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Ive also tried emailing the WC a few times and have gotten nothing back :(   When is your wedding??  Mine isnt till April 2012.. but i still would like a response. I hope this isnt the way its going to be..im a very organized person so im hoping to get all the info so that i can look over prices and such.

#265 ripemango

ripemango
          • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Ours is going to be January 2012 and I did email them perhaps 5 times to no avail so we've decided to go with a different resort who has a more responsive wedding coordinator. Which is a shame because this resort is so beautiful.

#266 kasiab

kasiab
            • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:45 AM

I also am having a difficult time with contacting any one at the resort. I had sent a deposit out and fax and wanted them to confirm that they recieved it. I might have to have my ta contact the hotel directly. It is so stressful!

#267 VancityBride

VancityBride
              • 152 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

I know its very stressful doing everything over email. ive just received some info from Elizabeth and im still just sooo confused. Does anyone know if they will credit you when you dont use something from there packages?? Cause i have over 40pp attending and there telling me that now i have to pay $70pp for the dinner in the gala room, but the package includes a dinner for 38pp. I dont wanna have to pay all this extra money :(

#268 Jen Wilson

Jen Wilson
                • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

We had our wedding at GRP & the following day my husband & i left to go to the El Dorado Seaside Suites & I must tell you, if you are thinking about switching resorts, this one is amazing. Not only is a a smaller more quiant resort, they put you first all the time. I wish we would've done everything there.

#269 VancityBride

VancityBride
                  • 152 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

Yes ive seen the El Dorado and its does look amazing. But i think that its adults only from what i can remember, and that would be a problem for because we do have children attending the wedding. But i will definitley keep that im mind for the honey moon!

How was your wedding at GRP.. Is there anything I should know?

How many guests did you have attend? Where did you have your reception?

Did you stay in the platium sutie..is it worth the extra money??

Thanks!

#270 kasiab

kasiab
                    • 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

i booked the platinum suite. I finally gt a hold of the wedding coord...the back and forth is frustrating. I wired the deposit and paid extra to fax the receipt. Apparently i now have to scan them because the faxes are too blurry.  Did you have a beach wedding or gazebo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users