Photo

Dress Help?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

So, I found the dress I want. The only problem is that it doesn't fit with the bright blue bridesmaid dresses I was planning on getting.

Jessica McClintock - STYLE NO. - 52466 JEANETTE

The rose colored sash is a lot more muted than the pool or aruba blue color that I wanted for the girls. The original colors we were going to have were a bright pink, bright blue, and a champagne color. The dress I was thinking of for them is below.

David's Bridal - Bridesmaids, Dress Detail

Does anyone have a suggestion for a bridesmaid dresses that would look nice but not overpowering compared to mine? Or do you think I should scrap my dress and look for a new one?</html>

#2 Bridget810

Bridget810
    • 168 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

I love your dress! And if I were you, I would try make the BM dresses work around your dress--not the other way around (though it is very nice of you to do so!). I'm not very good with colors, but it seems like a pale blue/pool might look nice for the BMs.

#3 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
      • 888 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

Oh... and my dress is only $180 on clearance. I have to order it ASAP, otherwise I might not be able to get it anymore.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

I would probably order the dress and see how you feel about it when it comes in. For that price you can easily re-sell or use as a TTD if you aren't 100% sure of it. Having the dress in hand will make it easier to select a BM dress. YOu can also see if there is any way to alter the waist/change the color ribbon. By getting such a great deal, you can afford to splurge on alterations.

If that really is a rose color, I think you will need to select a more muted hue than pool/aruba. I used "tropic" for my rehearsal dress and it is really bright and really blue!

Good luck!

#5 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

I agree with ErinB. You can have it altered to change the sash to a different color.

#6 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
            • 888 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by adias.angel
              I agree with ErinB. You can have it altered to change the sash to a different color.
              The sash matches the silk in the top underneath the lace. Do you think it would look weird to have the silk underneath be a different color from the ruching and the lace?

P.S. I bought the dress. I got it at an additional 10% off, because the bottom of the back of the one dress left in my size is slightly dirty. I figure that if I find bridesmaid dresses that I like, I'll dry clean it. Otherwise, it's my TTD dress. Thank you everyone for your help, by the way. It helped me realize that I HAD to get the dress. I'm not sure if it'll let you see the link below (I have it protected so my fiance can't view it on Facebook), but this is me in the dress at the store. This one is a size too big, so I'm trying to gather it in the back so it would look more like it would if it fit.

THE Dress!

#7 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
              • 315 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

i love that style of dress. it could easilly be a Monique Lhuillier design but for waaaaay less than the price.

perhaps u could get a different sash? why not just buy it since it's so cheap anyways? maybe u could find a pictorial event or something else to wear it to.

IMO your wedding gown should not work around the bridesmaids dresses. =)

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:34 PM

OOOHHHH! It looks great on you! Good choice.

#9 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

that dress is beautiful, glad you bought it!

#10 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                    • 2,424 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

That dress looks great on you and what a great price!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users