Photo

What R U getting your FI for X-mas?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 *Lo*

*Lo*
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hehe I like the G-raj. That is so funny!

I have no idea what to get FI this year. He has everything. Anything he wants, he buys (he is a student now so this irriates me but whatev, his money). I had the idea for us to just do a small surprise gift for each other, like under $100. Since we are going on a cruise right after and also we spend a lot travelling back and forth to Boston as we are long distance right now.

But then he went and got me a personal trainer (I always wanted one). And that was effing expensive. So now I don't know what to do! I know he doesn't expect anything big, but all the things I was going to get, this professional camera, GPS watch, thing to watch movies on his blackberry, 2 new suits, he went and got on Black Friday. So now I have no ideas.

#32 *Casey*

*Casey*
    • 5,209 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

I freaking hate when they do that, especially right before Christmas!!! Obviously they know we are going to get them something... so why can't they just wait??

#33 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

I'm tryin to find an AFFORDABLE leather coat for Tom. I'm headed to Wilsons Leather at the outlets soon to see what the prices look like!

But we're keeping it pretty low-key b/c if our house sells, we're going to have to spend a lot of money on the move.

#34 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by foxytv
          I'm tryin to find an AFFORDABLE leather coat for Tom. I'm headed to Wilsons Leather at the outlets soon to see what the prices look like!

But we're keeping it pretty low-key b/c if our house sells, we're going to have to spend a lot of money on the move.
          Stu got one last winter that was really affordable at Kohls... It might be worth checking out. Hope this helps

#35 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

I have no idea what to get my DH...ugh!

He would love something sports related, but I just don't know.

Casey you are so lucky you work at CBS Sports and are able to get such cool unique things!!!

#36 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

Casey, Really all humidors do the same thing. It is basically just a choice of size and color. I got my husband one that is like desk sized and has a glass top and about four drawers. It holds a ton of cigars and I think it was about 150 dollars.

For you girls that are getting mad at Fi's for buying stuff I made a rule a few years back that starting in November NO BUYING STUFF FOR YOURSELF!!!
              One year I bought four things for my then FI that he went out and bought for himself within a week of Christmas I was so mad! So, now we have a rule that you can't buy anything for yourself until after Christmas.

#37 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kat81
                For you girls that are getting mad at Fi's for buying stuff I made a rule a few years back that starting in November NO BUYING STUFF FOR YOURSELF!!!
                One year I bought four things for my then FI that he went out and bought for himself within a week of Christmas I was so mad! So, now we have a rule that you can't buy anything for yourself until after Christmas.
                We have the same rule (well...I made the same rule!!) FI was absolutely ridiculous for doing that!!

#38 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

Ok... I'm going to have to enforce that new rule!

#39 *Lo*

*Lo*
                  • 2,993 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

I should have enforced that rule!

But then I thought about it, and we basically each tell each other what we want (sometimes even go shopping together) and the other person buys it. There isn't as much fun in that!

Which is why I figured, we should each just buy ourselves stuff we want, and do one small surprise gift. He then ruined that by getting me the personal trainer! (Which I am happy about though).

#40 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                    • 2,777 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by *Casey*
                      Stu is obsessed with cigars too! His favorite is Davidoff 4000s. He'll smoke other ones, but if he ever sees these, he usually stocks up on them! They have smaller ones that he'll get for me sometimes. So thoughtful! I thought about getting him a really nice humidor for christmas, but I have no freaking idea what kind to get. I wonder if that's something that he would really need to pick out himself, KWIM?
                      Does he smoke Davidoff 4000s dominican or cuban? If they're cuban where is he getting them from? My FI wants some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users