Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!
Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:24 PM
Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:01 PM
Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:53 PM
We had a wonderful experience at EPM! Everyone in our party agreed that the resort was amazing and were totally pleased with the trip! I'm so glad that we went for the destination wedding - it is the smartest (and easiest) way to get married!
I'm pretty laid-back, so take my reviews with that in mind.
The entire event was perfect and there weren't any issues -it was a completely stress-free experience.
- Nayeli was our coordinator for the wedding and she was great to work with and very knowledgeable about the entire wedding process. She was very flexible with any special arrangements/requests and our entire pre-wedding meeting was no more than 1 hour.
- Sebastian was the photographer and he did amazing work (we wound up with ~200 photos - this is a very small sample). He is also very flexible and willing to create special packages/arrangements outside of the pre-disclosed photo packages (we had to pay his fee in cash - keep that in mind)
- The staff at the spa was great. My makeup was perfect for the event and she did an amazing job with my hair. I had a general idea of what i wanted prior to going, but I'm sure it would have been helpful to bring along a photo (I'm laid back and didn't think this was important until I was sitting in the chair)
- We were married in the Gazebo area. I do recommend this due to the winds that were pretty consistent on our trip. Apparently it is typically pretty windy at the resort (this was the case all 8 days we were there). Also, the Gazebo gives you more of an opportunity to 'dress up' the event with chair covers and flowers and provides shade for your guests.
- During the ceremony, the wedding officiant could not pronounce our names at all. She said Dana at least 3 different ways and could not pronounce my husbandâ€™s last name at all. It makes for a funny story. (We did a symbolic wedding since we got married in NC right before we left so we could avoid the legal requirements of a Mexican wedding.)
- Our cocktail hour was at the X-Lounge. It's a pretty cool spot and is right on the beach. We had 3 waiters and a bartender for our party. Open bar with champagne toast and a bunch of food.
- Dinner was on the terrace of the Spice restaurant (2nd floor with direct views of the ocean). It was gorgeous, private, with plenty of room! There is only 1 centerpiece included with the package â€“ I didnâ€™t realize that we would have 2 round dinner tablesâ€¦not a big deal, but someone might find that helpful).
- I was very wary of the limited food options and having to create a 5 course meal out of them - but the food was great & we picked well. The cake was AWESOME! We also had 3 waiters for dinner â€“ and the service was amazing.
- Flowers were stunning and exactly what I wanted.
- My dress was pressed perfectly & my husband's suit was perfect too!
- They had our room all set up for our wedding night with champagne and rose petals.
The photographer didn't stay for the whole time, so I have to get some pictures from our guests for the reception so I can post them.
We didn't add music at all. They had the wedding march for me to walk to - and we found that to be enough. If you wanted dancing as part of your reception dinner, youâ€™ll need music.
Here are some pictures - let me know if anyone has any questions about the resort, the wedding experience, or if you want to see more pics!
Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:02 PM
Your pictures are beautiful.
Thanks so much for posting up a review. You were the pioneer out of this group for Excellence Playa Mujeres. I think I can speak for all of us with weddings booked at this resort by saying that we are very greatful for your feedback!
Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:15 PM
Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:50 PM
Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:22 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users