Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1861 ahoff

ahoff
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

In my original post, you answered my questions about photography.  We e-mailed Victor Herrera Photography, where Adrian works and we were quoted $2500 for him, we were wondering if you negotiated with them down to $2000 or if their prices went up.  Otherwise, we were thinking of going with Sara from the same company as she is only $1900.  Plus, we assume that we still have to pay the $500 to the resort.

Thanks again,

Ashley

#1862 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
    • 200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by k032379 

Ladies please help. I have sent Nayeli 4 emails within the last month and a half and have not had one response. It is coming up on 5 months until my wedding and I would like to start planning soon. I tried not to bother her too much cause I know she is working on you ladies' weddings plus some but I am thinking that maybe I have the incorrect email address. What email address do you ladies have for her?
      Thank you in advance K

The resort needs to do something about this

#1863 May12

May12
      • Site Supporter
      • 142 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

You probably have the right one, but here it is just in case...

Ladies please help. I have sent Nayeli 4 emails within the last month and a half and have not had one response. It is coming up on 5 months until my wedding and I would like to start planning soon. I tried not to bother her too much cause I know she is working on you ladies' weddings plus some but I am thinking that maybe I have the incorrect email address. What email address do you ladies have for her?
        Thank you in advance K

#1864 May12

May12
        • Site Supporter
        • 142 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

We started as soon as we booked! The earlier the better....especially when it takes so much time in between responses! My advice, be as specific as possible with what you want and ask for price quotes for every detail you are thinking of. It will make it easier down the road. Remember, you can also send pictures of your ideas and ask for them to do it.  For the DJ, we emailed them directly to start planning.

Originally Posted by Amanda Gardner 

After reserving your wedding date and booking your room how long did you have to wait for information on the wedding to start planning? Price list, centerpieces, bouquets, DJ, etc...

Attached Files

#1865 KlazNov17

KlazNov17
          • Site Supporter
          • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by May12 

We started as soon as we booked! The earlier the better....especially when it takes so much time in between responses! My advice, be as specific as possible with what you want and ask for price quotes for every detail you are thinking of. It will make it easier down the road. Remember, you can also send pictures of your ideas and ask for them to do it.  For the DJ, we emailed them directly to start planning.

What DJ are you going with and how much are they charging you??  I am debating on whether this is the way I want to go, or just bring an iPod with a speaker system.

#1866 Amanda Gardner

Amanda Gardner
            • 200 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by May12 

Thanks! Which DJ did you go with?

#1867 k032379

k032379
              • 161 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Thank you. Yeah, that's the one I have been sending emails to & like a crazy I checked my sent mail several times just to make sure I sent it. Thanks again K

You probably have the right one, but here it is just in case...weddings.xpm@excellence-resorts.com I feel your pain! We leave in less than 2 weeks and do not have our "planner" from her...that she promised to have to us last month. We have most of the details done but still missing a few things to finalize, and we REALLY need to see her cost estimate vs our cost estimate. I'm getting worried! Looks like I'll be calling Mexico this week...very frustrating!  

#1868 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
                • 253 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by ahoff 

In my original post, you answered my questions about photography.  We e-mailed Victor Herrera Photography, where Adrian works and we were quoted $2500 for him, we were wondering if you negotiated with them down to $2000 or if their prices went up.  Otherwise, we were thinking of going with Sara from the same company as she is only $1900.  Plus, we assume that we still have to pay the $500 to the resort.

Thanks again,

Ashley

We did not negotiate because the $2,000 for 8 hours was the best price that we had found after much searching. I think his prices just went up - photographers prices typically go up each year.

I saw William Sanchez (who we really liked) posted on a boards for WAY less than what we were quoted only 1 year later. I think the demand for him just skyrocketed and his prices increased over $1,000 in 1 year. I think it's how the business works. Sara's photos also seemed really beautiful.

#1869 MsBlissMpls

MsBlissMpls
                  • 253 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

We tried to get the $500 resort fee down, but there was no wiggle room there. I seriously hope any of you future brides can find a way to get that fee down. If you do, please share because it is ridiculous.

#1870 May12

May12
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

We are going with their house DJ... Mannia. We were quoted $1150 for 4 hours including lighting. each additional hour is $150. Their email is

What DJ are you going with and how much are they charging you??  I am debating on whether this is the way I want to go, or just bring an iPod with a speaker system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users