Photo

Bride's Toast???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 twixygrl

twixygrl
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

So I would really like to give a toast at our reception. We are not having a bridal party, but I think my BFF will probably toast anyhow. I would like to say something....and since I have become co-dependant on BDW and I can't possibly make a decision unless I read a thread on it first, and since I can't find a thread...

did you give a speech?
    will you share your speech?

Thanks!
    Twixygrl

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

dh made a toast at our rehearsal dinner to say thank to all for coming. it was impromptu. we didn't say anything at the actual wedding tho.

#3 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
      • 408 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

I plan on saying something at the wedding. My dad will give a speech but we have nothing planned. I have asked my FI to say something as well as he rarely does.

Not sure what I am going to say yet, but a big thank you and a little about us

#4 aeroo

aeroo
        • 153 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:47 AM

The two of us went around to every table and did a toast with each one. That's when we thanked them. That way, it was bit more personal and we didn't have to do speeches in front of the whole group.

#5 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:57 AM

i got up and did a toast before all the other speaches started. it was spur of the moment, i basically thanked everyone and told them how much it meant to joe and i that they travelled all this way to share in our wedding day with us, etc, etc, then did a here's to you all toast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users