Jump to content

Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2265 replies to this topic

#561 mlynnea

mlynnea
  • Newbie
  • 62 posts

    Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:44 PM



     

    Originally Posted by ReeRee 





    Hi Massagegirl!

     

    I have a few questions for you!  Do they have a standard music for the wedding ceremony? Or did you bring yours and they'll play whatever you like for you? 

     

    Also was the minister speaking Spanish or can they speak English during the ceremony?

     

    Also, would looove to look at your pictures!!

     


    Hi ReeRee,

    They do not have ANY music for your ceremony.  Depending on the package you chose, you have the option of chosing a musician, and I'm sure they have some typical songs they could suggest.  I ended up renting the sound equipment and brought an Ipod for our ceremony music.  I picked 5 songs to play while people were sitting/waiting for the ceremony to start (background music).  One song for the processional and one for the recessional.  I did a legal ceremony, so there was a period of time in the middle of the ceremony where 4 witnesses and me and my groom had to each sign 5 pieces of paper....so if I would've known that, I would've had music for that as well. (That takes about 3-5 minutes).

     

    I didn't have a religious ceremony, so we had a judge.  She stuck to the script (which can be provided to you by Cecilia).  She spoke English fairly well, but had a strong accent.  I would make sure that you clarify with Cecilia that it is important that the minister/judge speak English, or that you at least have a translator.

     

    Here is my full review if you want details/pictures:

    http://www.bestdesti...iew-feb-26-2010


    Good Luck!

    ~Lynnea



    #562 ReeRee

    ReeRee
    • Newbie
    • 70 posts

      Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

      Thanks Kits55! Good to know she spoke English.  I just was worried when we have to repeat after the minister, I might not understand what she/he is saying, and have to interrupt during the ceremony...LOL that would be a little awkward...   I guess I'll find out about the red polyester robe when I get there:)

       

      Hi Lynnea, thank you x 3 for your thorough review!! I read it a while back so I just read it again.  I am using Cecilia Dumas too!! I think your review and couple other peoples review made me choose her. She has been very nice over the e-mail.   Did she make you feel comfortable in front of cameras? Did she give you a good direction as to posing and suggest where to shoot photos? I already put down 20% with her so I'm not changing to another photographer but I just would like to know so I can mentally prepare it, I'm not really good with getting pictures taken.... 

       

      Thanks Ladies!!  I'll be awake late tonight to pick all the songs for the ceremony!!  But a couple Sade's will set the mood straight I'm sure:)   Hehe, if you haven't noticed, I am not a planner at all:)

       



      #563 mlynnea

      mlynnea
      • Newbie
      • 62 posts

        Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:31 AM



         

        Originally Posted by ReeRee:

        Hi Lynnea, thank you x 3 for your thorough review!! I read it a while back so I just read it again.  I am using Cecilia Dumas too!! I think your review and couple other peoples review made me choose her. She has been very nice over the e-mail.   Did she make you feel comfortable in front of cameras? Did she give you a good direction as to posing and suggest where to shoot photos? I already put down 20% with her so I'm not changing to another photographer but I just would like to know so I can mentally prepare it, I'm not really good with getting pictures taken.... 

         

        Thanks Ladies!!  I'll be awake late tonight to pick all the songs for the ceremony!!  But a couple Sade's will set the mood straight I'm sure:)   Hehe, if you haven't noticed, I am not a planner at all:)

         


        She is really really nice, and speaks English perfectly, so it was easy to feel comfortable.  She told me during the photos, that if anything she asked me to do felt uncomfortable, not to do it, because you'd be able to tell in the pictures.  She had a lot of direction on posing and places to take photos. Which was really good for me, because I don't have an eye for that.  I only had one location that I really wanted to do photos (At the abandoned mansion down the beach), but other than that, everything else was her suggestion.  She had been to Secrets Maroma before, so she knew her way around. 

        Good Luck with everything!  You'll love her!
         



        #564 ReeRee

        ReeRee
        • Newbie
        • 70 posts

          Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:49 AM

          Thank you Lynnea! 

           

          I'm a little paranoid though after we put down the 20% deposit and emailed her a couple questions, I haven't heard back from her for a few days, whereas before she was very responsive usually within that day. She might be on vacation or tied up with other weddings, I hope.



          #565 ReeRee

          ReeRee
          • Newbie
          • 70 posts

            Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

            Ladies, I am freaking out.   I sent the WC, Cecilia Reys an e-mail today to send her the final complete guest list.  And a second later, her out of office auto reply came through saying she will be out from 9/8 till 9/25, which is our wedding day.......   WTF?!   She had two other e-mails listed on her out of office e-mail, so just emailed them asking what is going on, of course haven't heard back. 

            I am trying not to stress but first our Mexicana flights got cancelled and then now this happens....  I am just really freaking out that they forgot about our wedding and nothing will get done, and us and our 8 guests will not have the perfect day...:(



            #566 jaccat15

            jaccat15
            • Jr. Member
            • 196 posts

              Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:02 AM



              i wouldn't worry - i believe Cecilia has some assistants now covering for her - i couldn't imagine she would leave anyone high and dry.

              try not to panic - someone will def get back to you before your wedding date - you are a priority now - not my wedding which is a month a half away :)

              Originally Posted by ReeRee 

              Ladies, I am freaking out.   I sent the WC, Cecilia Reys an e-mail today to send her the final complete guest list.  And a second later, her out of office auto reply came through saying she will be out from 9/8 till 9/25, which is our wedding day.......   WTF?!   She had two other e-mails listed on her out of office e-mail, so just emailed them asking what is going on, of course haven't heard back. 

              I am trying not to stress but first our Mexicana flights got cancelled and then now this happens....  I am just really freaking out that they forgot about our wedding and nothing will get done, and us and our 8 guests will not have the perfect day...:(





              #567 ReeRee

              ReeRee
              • Newbie
              • 70 posts

                Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

                Thanks Jaccat15 - Lety and Valeria got back to me, so I feel so much better.  I can breathe now..:) Sorry, overreacting a little bit here since my wedding is just around the corner.

                Jaccat 15, a month and a half will fly by and next thing you know you'll be at SMB! 



                #568 jaccat15

                jaccat15
                • Jr. Member
                • 196 posts

                  Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

                  i know i'm so excited!!!! you HAVE to tell us EVERYTHING when u get back!



                  #569 cheerleader1975

                  cheerleader1975
                  • Newbie
                  • 59 posts

                    Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

                    Hello ladies! I haven't been here in forever! I am trying to catch up on all the posts and I always find excellent advice.

                    Question: are any of you shipping your welcome bags? Thought we would be able to check them as luggage, but we need to ship 40 bags.

                    Getting married on November 6, 35 rooms booked :)

                    #570 Kits55

                    Kits55
                    • Member
                    • 607 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

                    Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:44 PM



                    Originally Posted by cheerleader1975 

                    Hello ladies! I haven't been here in forever! I am trying to catch up on all the posts and I always find excellent advice.

                    Question: are any of you shipping your welcome bags? Thought we would be able to check them as luggage, but we need to ship 40 bags.

                    Getting married on November 6, 35 rooms booked :)


                    Hi Cheerleader: I thought about shipping some of my stuff but was worried that things would "not make it" either through customs or at the resort itself. In spite of my NOT shipping my stuff I still had things disappear at the resort after my wedding...NOT HAPPY! If any of your guests live near you guys you could always ask them to help bring things down to the resort. We visited my family prior to our wedding and asked them to bring some things down for us. They were happy to since that meant they'd have more room for souvenirs going back home. 40 bags is a lot but you will have to decide if the risk of everything being lost/damaged outweighs the cost of pawning some of it off on your guests. :)






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users