Jump to content

Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#1991 msop04

msop04
  • Newbie
  • 64 posts

    Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

    Originally Posted by Rachel Terry 

    Hey everyone!

    After experiencing the notorious Cecilia limbo over the past few days we've received our paperwork for the deposit and extras.

    I literally laughed out loud when I saw they wanted close to $200 for upgraded table clothes. I am thinking of just buying some from one of the mega wholesale wedding sites like save-on-crafts.com or koyal wholesale.

    Also, I have seen some brides post about taking a jambox down there with them for the reception. I was thinking about doing this as well since the speaker only costs $300 verses $599.40 for three hours sound system from the resort.

    Any thoughts?

     

    Hey Rachel!  We are taking a BIG JAMBOX for our welcome bonfire and reception.  We purchased ours at Verizon for $225 (30% off as an "accessory") by adding a line.  You can also do this with other phone companies who carry them if you change your plan in almost any way that would make you "resign" a new contract.  We have been playing with it, and believe me, it is PLENTY loud -- especially for the price.  We refused to pay $600 for music, because we are having a big reception for friends and family when we get back...  Good Luck!  :)



    #1992 msop04

    msop04
    • Newbie
    • 64 posts

      Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

      Originally Posted by CriCri 
       

      Thanks CriCri -- I will look into that!  :)



      #1993 Rachel Terry

      Rachel Terry
      • Newbie
      • 4 posts

        Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

        Hey Rachel!  We are taking a BIG JAMBOX for our welcome bonfire and reception.  We purchased ours at Verizon for $225 (30% off as an "accessory") by adding a line.  You can also do this with other phone companies who carry them if you change your plan in almost any way that would make you "resign" a new contract.  We have been playing with it, and believe me, it is PLENTY loud -- especially for the price.  We refused to pay $600 for music, because we are having a big reception for friends and family when we get back...  Good Luck!  :)

        Thank you! That is definitely something to consider since we have Verizon. Another thing I was thinking about was asking to trade the Mariachi band. We are doing the Ultimate package and the band usually costs about $600 to play, the same amount for 3 hours of reception music! I think I am going to ask if we can trade one for the other. If I find out anything, I will be sure to post it on here!

        #1994 Rachel Terry

        Rachel Terry
        • Newbie
        • 4 posts

          Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

          Also, has anybody worked with Maya Floral, aka the infamous "Marvin the florist"? I just got an email back with some pictures of flowers and some prices but have not had the time to sit down and compare if it would be cheaper to order them directly through him plus the $70 vendor fee. I must say though, these flowers are breath taking! Apparently he works with a lot of the resorts in the area including Secrets.

          #1995 ElleGee

          ElleGee
          • Jr. Member
          • 255 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
          • LocationHouston, Texas

          Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

          Originally Posted by Rachel Terry 

          Hey everyone!

          After experiencing the notorious Cecilia limbo over the past few days we've received our paperwork for the deposit and extras.

          I literally laughed out loud when I saw they wanted close to $200 for upgraded table clothes. I am thinking of just buying some from one of the mega wholesale wedding sites like save-on-crafts.com or koyal wholesale.

          Also, I have seen some brides post about taking a jambox down there with them for the reception. I was thinking about doing this as well since the speaker only costs $300 verses $599.40 for three hours sound system from the resort.

          Any thoughts?

          I thought the same thing about the upgraded tablecloths, LOL! We actually rented detailed overlays from a local vendor  (@ $18 each), purchased chair sashes and matching napkins (less than a dollar each @ weddinglinendirect.com), and purchased satin ivory table cloths.I also made each chair sash ring with the starfish to accentuate it.  I was actually more concerned about seeing the actual product (to make sure the color matched well), to feel more confident about what I was working with :)! However, from seeing other weddings while I was there, you can be assured they all look amazing!!! 

           

           


          - Elle Gee

          (Laura)

          Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com


          #1996 ElleGee

          ElleGee
          • Jr. Member
          • 255 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
          • LocationHouston, Texas

          Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

          Originally Posted by Rachel Terry 

          Also, has anybody worked with Maya Floral, aka the infamous "Marvin the florist"? I just got an email back with some pictures of flowers and some prices but have not had the time to sit down and compare if it would be cheaper to order them directly through him plus the $70 vendor fee. I must say though, these flowers are breath taking! Apparently he works with a lot of the resorts in the area including Secrets.

          We used Marvin, and LOVED them! There should not be an additional vendor fee . . they are a preferred vendor. We went back and forth, ALOT, before we finally came to mutual agreement on pricing and style. I highly recommend them!  They provided the boutinerres, hair flowers, corsages, aisle decor floral arrangements (which we then used as reception table centerpieces), and boughets. 

           

           

           

           

           


          - Elle Gee

          (Laura)

          Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com


          #1997 Jen Eeson

          Jen Eeson
          • Newbie
          • 28 posts

            Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

            Originally Posted by msop04 

             

            Thank you, Jen!! LolaTX had a great idea to buy some wedges with the same height for easier walking and just use the heels for photos - do you think that would work for the petate and the wooded walkway/deck to the beach? ...my dress alterations are dependent on what size heels I have!

            Oh ya wedges would work for sure.  



            #1998 Jen Eeson

            Jen Eeson
            • Newbie
            • 28 posts

              Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

              Originally Posted by Rachel Terry 

              Also, has anybody worked with Maya Floral, aka the infamous "Marvin the florist"? I just got an email back with some pictures of flowers and some prices but have not had the time to sit down and compare if it would be cheaper to order them directly through him plus the $70 vendor fee. I must say though, these flowers are breath taking! Apparently he works with a lot of the resorts in the area including Secrets.

              Marvin was amazing and there is no outside vendor fee - when you order flowers through Cecilia she goes to Maya Floral as well.  Contacting Marvin directly was way easier so I did it that way as well.  



              #1999 Jen Eeson

              Jen Eeson
              • Newbie
              • 28 posts

                Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

                Originally Posted by Jen Eeson 

                Marvin was amazing and there is no outside vendor fee - when you order flowers through Cecilia she goes to Maya Floral as well.  Contacting Marvin directly was way easier so I did it that way as well.  

                 

                 



                #2000 CriCri

                CriCri
                • Jr. Member
                • 225 posts

                  Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

                  Originally Posted by Rachel Terry 

                  Also, has anybody worked with Maya Floral, aka the infamous "Marvin the florist"? I just got an email back with some pictures of flowers and some prices but have not had the time to sit down and compare if it would be cheaper to order them directly through him plus the $70 vendor fee. I must say though, these flowers are breath taking! Apparently he works with a lot of the resorts in the area including Secrets.


                  I had Mayan Floral and its work has been more then my expectation.

                  I have contacted him directly in order to have fast answers and I have sent him some pictures of what I liked as canopy decorations and bouquet.

                  Here you can find my canopy with Mayan floral arrangment:

                   

                  Canopy set up.jpg

                   

                  109.jpg

                   

                  cake.JPG

                   

                  Gazebo.jpg

                   

                  2.jpg

                   

                  1.jpg






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users