Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides

• Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#11 beach2009

beach2009
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

We're having a symbolic beach wedding also. No guests, so no reception and it really simplifies things for us :) We'll just have an AHR with family & friends when we return.

We've hired an external photographer who'll take pics of the ceremony, some shots around the resort and our TTD.
    For the ceremony we're having a pretty floral arch, but haven't decided on whether we'll have music.

I think a DJ would fun for your guests.

#12 Simistar

Simistar
    • 645 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hi future SMB brides! :-)

I got married at SMB in December... and am still on the forum lots...
      So if any of you have any questions, feel free to ask:-)
      (not sure if I can help, but I can try:-))

#13 DeBooCL

DeBooCL
      • 40 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DeBooCL
        Hey ladies, I'm getting married at SMB this June! time is flying by. Cecilia was good about responding to emails in the beginning but recently a little slow. Not good since I have less than 2 months away! YIKES....and still need to get more details and things set in stone! Hopefully she responds soon . Will keep you posted! Good luck planning and Congrats!
        FYI--UPDATE....I spoke with Cecilia today on the phone. Ok, So apparently something is wrong with my email because Cecilia apparently responded twice two my emails last week and I did not get them . Now.. We are back to getting things squared away for the big day.

#14 beach2009

beach2009
        • 299 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

Good to hear the communication with Cecilia is back on track DeBooCL. Maybe the emails were delivered to your junk folder? I've found that happen to me a few times with vender quotes.
          You must be getting excited, I wish I didn't have to wait till July...

#15 airampz

airampz
          • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

I am also getting married this July. Cecilia has been great, she always responds to my emails the same day or the next day. I will only be having a symbolic ceremony, no guests, just my fiancee and I. We will have something back home before. I know someone is doing the same thing too with noo guests, are you having the music for the ceremony? And are you using the hotel's photographer or another one?
            Maria~

#16 airampz

airampz
            • 48 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

hey there..same here, no guests or family just the 2 of us. are you using the photographer recommended by Cecilia?
              Maria~

#17 beach2009

beach2009
              • 299 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

Hey airampz! Congrats and welcome to the forum :)

We haven't looked into having ceremony music, sounds like it would nice though. We have Moments that Matter doing our photography. Have you got any recommendations for ceremony music?

#18 taratoons

taratoons
                • 123 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hi ladies!

My fiance actually took me to Secrets Maroma Beach on Valentine's Day just for the day to propose. We were at the resort a total of about 6 hours, less time than we spent in the car and on the plane for travel! But from what I saw, the place is UNBELIEVABLE. We are headed back there tomorrow for a week's vacation, and though I'm planning a Dominican wedding due to costs, I'm very much hoping to get a glimpse of a wedding ceremony there!

Happy planning!

#19 airampz

airampz
                  • 48 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for replying,
                    I have not looked into music yet. I asked Cecilia but she wasn't too helpful with recommendations. I'll have to ask her again, she just told me about the music equipment but I have been thinking about something more romantic like a trio or something like that. Any reason why you're not using the hotel photographer? cause I'm not sure I want to use him since I haven't heard much recommendations about him
                    Maria~

#20 newyork6156

newyork6156
                    • 89 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

We have moments that matter doing our photos also. They seem great and are afordable. I didn't LOVE the photos I've seen from the resort photographer and didn't want to risk it.
                      My Secrets Maroma Beach Wedding Review
                      http://bestdestinati....s maroma beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users