Originally Posted by msop04
First of all, thanks in advance to everyone on this site for being so informative and helpful!! I have several more questions relating to my SMB wedding... I know I could just email Cecelia, but she hasn't been as helpful as the ladies here!! ...sorry for the long post, but I'm an "organizer" and trying to weigh all my options for the most perfect wedding possible -- kinda like all the other brides on this site!!
**In regards to the following questions, we are doing the Ultimate Package.
1) I am thinking of hiring a professional (Styling Trio Riviera Maya) to do my hair and makeup. I sent an email about two weeks ago requesting a price quote, but no response yet (so I sent another -- impatient gal, I know!!) I read in a thread on this site where the STRM team did the bride, MOB, and BM's hair and makeup for $550... But I will only need their services for me - can anyone provide a ballpark price (just so I can have an idea for my budget)?
2) I was also wondering what type of credit(s) I would receive for not using certain parts of the Ultimate Package, such as:
a) "bride's hairstyling and makeup for ceremony"
"video of the ceremony (30 minutes edited)" -- $930 package, so I thought I might be able to get a nice credit here??
Also, any advice what should/should not be used in the Ultimate Package?? Any special additions that you consider a "must"?
3) To upgrade your photo package, do you simply pay the difference in price??
Ex: Package #3 is included in Ultimate @ $724, so to UPGRADE to Package #5 @ $1100 would be an ADDITIONAL $376 plus tax??
Am I correct in this thinking?
What are you guys doing for photography?? I really want to hire an outside photog, but just can't swing another $4-6K (GEEZ!!!)... Can I send Juan examples of "inspiration photos" that I would like for him to do for us??
4) How many rooms must be booked to receive a "discount?" I really want all of my guests (<20) to stay at SMB, but an incentive just might help convince them to fork over the extra cash to stay there! If everyone stayed, I would be looking at a minimum of 7 rooms, possibly 8 or 9...
Do all the rooms have to be booked "at the same time/throught the same source" or can they simply be linked to my "guest list" for a possible discount? Do the guests have to stay a minimum number of nights or in a minimum level of room??
5) I would like to do a "welcome bonfire/dinner" for guests a couple of nights before the wedding for everyone to get acquainted (and let's get serious, to PARTY TOGETHER and make them even happier they came!!) How much does this cost?? Would it be a better idea (read: "less expensive" <--- HA!) just to include a date/time on my invitations for a welcome dinner at one of the restaurants (since it's included anyway) and simply make reservations in advance for all my guests??
Again, sorry for such a long post!! Thanks so much for any and all responses!! You guys are lifesavers!!
Emily with the Styling Trio was VERY PROMPT and THOROUGH and replied back to my email with pricing:
Our prices are the following, in US dollars:
$700 - Adrian as Stylist - Bridal Package, Hair and Makeup, with Trial run
$600 - Adrian as Stylist - Bridal Package, Hair and Makeup, just Wedding day
$550 - Other Stylist - Bridal Package, Hair and Makeup, with Trial run
$450 - Other Stylist - Bridal Package, Hair and Makeup, just Wedding day
$200 - Bridesmaids/Mom Package, Hair and Makeup
$125 - Bridesmaids/Mom Package, just Hair or Makeup
$ 60-80 - Flower girl, Hair
*For the Trial Run $ the Wedding Day we travel to your hotel and charge a travel fee of $25-50
**Deposit of $150 required to have STRM hold your wedding date
Unfortunately, I will be covering a service for my five bridemaids as well as myself, so these prices are too high for me. I will be using the resort's spa. I have the most recent pricing brochure on SMB spa if anyone needs it too!